• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Irritable at Night

#JasonRed2020

So I live in a dorm and at night some times friends or my RA come into my room. I become very irritable and a jerk at night even though I don't mean to. Does this happen to anyone else? Got any tips? I really hate acting like this.

Is it because you're tired? If you're not a night owl (and want to go to bed) and other people around you are not, you might easily get irritable

And in a dorm situation it's difficult, many years ago I spent two school years in a dorm at a small college, I am a night owl and would often enough come into the room late, my roommate was usually in bed and I would be as quiet as possible, but I guess I was still too loud for him, but he never told me until a few months in so I didn't know, we agreed to stay friends but I was able to move into a different room

I don't have this problem, but my wife does. Because she told me about it,and I care, I started to try to be more quiet. It's harder when you are young, and a lot of people don't take into consideration that you need rest and quiet time.

I might add that I'm more likely to be irritable in the morning, because I am not a morning person (AKA Lark)

Everyone, even NT's, have that time of day when we are most alert and least alert, I am okay right up to midnight on any day of the week, whereas other people fade out as early as 9 PM or 10 PM at night, even on a weekend

New Threads

Top Bottom