• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

IQ test questions !

Iamnotarabot

Hi so tommorow i have to take an IQ test that will last 2 hours and a half...

Do you have any tips to get prepared? I seems to be a very long effort, i dont want to cheat it but i would like to be at my best.

It's an IQ test. Not a history exam. Serious preparation in this instance defeats the purpose of such a test, IMO. Other than say, get a good night's rest and be yourself. ;)

Last edited:
Yes but precisely something to do like i dont know , having something to eat during the test ( a quick snack?)
Nothing to warm up my brain xD ?

Nope! Just do what you’d normally do to prepare for a day of school/work.
Try to get some sleep, have some light breakfast, and don’t get so worked up over it. You can’t fail or pass.

I wouldn't worry too much, I had an IQ test towards the end of last year, and I still don't know what my "official" IQ score is, although I've done "fun" IQ tests on Facebook that said that contrary to popular belief, I am NOT retarded.

The IQ test will be just one part of a diagnosis !it's not an exam !this is different !this is to help you not for you to get marked on something.

I would add a moderate amount of caffeine. Peanuts (the night before and the morning of) seem to help me with clarity (especially honey-roasted), but don't go crazy [nuts?] with them. YMMV

PS: The goal isn't to get a specific score, just to get your most accurate score.
beaniesmiley_orig.gif

Last edited:
I have to question the accuracy of these tests, they most definitely don't come close to covering all aspects of intelligence and I strongly suspect there's some very intelligent people with low results on such tests. Then there's even people who can't read or write, they couldn't do a standard IQ test at all, but they can still be very intelligent in different ways. These tests however label people using limited criteria, they can also cause prejudice, E.g. he or she must be thick and useless because they only scored a low IQ, I generally don't agree with them.

Luckily I didn't need to have one for my diagnosis. Just as well, because I don't cope well with tests. I hate the fact that they are timed. Anyway, good luck!

Pff i did it today and I felt it was catastrophic overall, i dont even know if i failed more than i succeeded, but , i am the type of person that feel like they failed if they block at 80% of the test...

+ The area was noisy so i know i have failed sometimes because of that.
And i realized i just cant calculate without writting down...
And man the items with colored figured, they triggered headaches xD

Plus I realized i have a weird behavior, when , most of the time i had a first idea that was very quick, and if that idea was not the good one, ( not matching the possibilites ) , i was BLOCKED so hard, so difficult to rewind my thinking process, i was close to cry on one item xD.

I just hope i have around 100 and not too far below xD

And same as you !
I hate being watched or timed ,this is so stressfull !!

The wait will kill me keeek.

Ho ok , well maybe i could find that later but atm I have no idea...

I know you cant fail an IQ test but, when you have something to do and you block and have no idea about it, for me this is stressfull and I just feel bad when I fail so this is hard to get my stuff together for the next question.
I am sure I have failed some items like that, because i have failed the last one and for the next i was just not ready to think about anything for minutes.

If I ever had to take an IQ test, I would be doing anything in my power to better my chances of getting a good score (without cheating) because:

1. Intelligence (or rather, performance on that test) is not fixed. It is in part innate, but also fluctuates, and it can be developed improved upon. If one can practise to improve one's performance on a GCSE, then why shouldn't one practise or take action to improve one's performance on an IQ test? Especially where I feel at a disadvantage due to concentration/anxiety issues during a timed test in a strange environment.

2. It's in may nature to always want to do the best I can, and to help myself do my best. If I thought I hadn't done my best and then got a low score, it would be unbearable and unacceptable to me. I could perhaps accept a low performance in the knowledge that I'd done my best, all I could to help myself.

3. If I got a really low score (below average), I would feel like s*it and it would affect my mood and self-esteem.

4. I have a tendency to take things way too seriously at times, plus one or two OCD-like traits demanding perfection/optimisation in all things...

So, in theory, it's only an IQ test, it doesn't really matter what your score it and you can't fail it - but in practice... it matters like crazy!! But that's just me.

New Threads

Top Bottom