• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Intuitive Healing

AdamG

[ INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK ]
V.I.P Member
Ever since I was a child, I had a pretty good sense of my own body. My balance isn't always great, I'm not always in shape. And maybe this is why I focused on it so much. When I ended up taking anatomy classes, this structured a lot of it for me, and gave me conscious information I can access, which is great. But I already had the general idea of how the body works. My mom would come to me when I was a child, complaining of back pain, and I would just play with her hand, mostly between the metatarsals, and she'd feel better.
So as I got older, I trained as a massage therapist (I worked as one for about a year and a half). But to me, it was just a socially acceptable way to ... intuitively heal. I don't know what else to call it.
The way it works for me, is that my hands see things in the body. I don't know if it is chi, or chakra fluxuations, or craniosacral rhythms, or what. But not a lot of it gets to my conscious mind. I get basic ideas, and I feel the tactile responses of the body. I generally only use a light touch, that is all that is needed. I can also do it without touch at all, but my hands need to be near the person, in their "aura" so to speak. Sometimes when an old tension is stored in the body for a long time, the recipient will remember the emotional and physical trauma experienced at the time, so it can be released. A lot of times it is spinal alignment, or joint alignment.
The most shocking thing (to me and others) that I've ever done, was heal my sister's brown recluse bite. I'm sure it would have left a hole in her shoulder. But after I worked on it, the swelling was down and it hurt less. It healed very quickly after that.
Again I have no idea how this happens, or what I'm actually doing. My hands don't really talk to me about a lot of this.
Anyone else have any similar experiences?

oh, as an addendum. After the spider bite experience, I stopped volunteering, and mostly just stopped in general. My sister bragged about it to her neighbors, and I was staying with her for a few days. So every time I walked my dog after that, I had at least a few people asking me to do something for them. I did not. I was annoyed.

I met a healer in Hawaii. She asked me who the little girl was she saw around me. I told her that was my daughter that l was pregnant with. She then placed her hand on my chest area, and l felt a soothing warmness from her hand, and l felt fine. I went back one more time and there was someone else there. I told him something about himself, and he was visibly shaken. It wasn't anything earth shattering, it was something that happened a long time ago. He didn't want to read me after this. Then l never went back. (sad face).

I met a healer in Hawaii. She asked me who the little girl was she saw around me. I told her that was my daughter that l was pregnant with. She then placed her hand on my chest area, and l felt a soothing warmness from her hand, and l felt fine. I went back one more time and there was someone else there. I told him something about himself, and he was visibly shaken. It wasn't anything earth shattering, it was something that happened a long time ago. He didn't want to read me after this. Then l never went back. (sad face).
That is too bad. I had someone tell me that I was headed for danger because I could do it. I think people are often scared of things like this. When honestly it is beautiful and natural.

Best to keep things to yourself, most people are frightened of this. My close friend who l will live with, already knows this about me, he expects it from me now. Lol

I'll work on my wife, even offer to. But she's so used to me not wanting to (from things in the past) that she doesn't want to ask me. Most people I just don't because "no good deed goes unpunished" :-/
As long as I'm not taken advantage of, or begged, I really do find it energizing for myself.

Some call this type of energy healing Reiki.
I don't think it needs a name and it does just come naturally to certain people.
I've taught energy work in a metaphysical college.
It's something very difficult to teach. Either the person just knows how, or they don't and never find the way.

Understanding how this works is basically the only intellectual knowledge you might like to know.
Feeling the other person's energy field with your hands and then allowing yourself to be an open conduit for higher universal energy to flow through is what really happens.
I've worked with many people who have asked.
My mom had pancreatitis attacks of severe pain that would send her to the ER for a pain injection.
Once I found I had this intuitive knowledge, I asked her to give me 15 mins. and see if I could take the pain away. She was in agony, but cleaning away the painful energy and replacing it with clean energy took it away.
She never had to go for a pain shot again. Anytime it started, I knew what to do.

The most outstanding example was a friend ask her friend who was crippled with arthritis and could barely walk if she would let me try one time to see what would happen.
She consented and after one session, the next day she walked two blocks to my friend's house and was able to sew with a needle and thread.
Things she hadn't done in years.

I do it with my eyes closed as I see the aura better that way.
The heat can be tiring, yet energizing as you say.
After all, the energy is flowing through you also.
I find it a nice ability to have, even if a lot of people don't believe.
A lot of people do believe also.
It is quite commonly used today. Even by veterinarians.

I took a short evening course in massage taught by a guy who didn't like the official program he was teaching during the day. One day, an old knee injury was bothering me so I volunteered to be the on the table for the evening lesson. The teacher could tell what area to work on just from watching someone walk in. He ran his hands up and down my body, about a finger's length away from it, and remarked that my knee seemed OK, but my shoulder and hip needed work. So, he showed the class how to do shoulders and hips, and asked me how that was. So, I got up to limp around and complain about my knee again, and it was fine. He had many similar but better stories.
I never tried to work on a spider bite or anything spectacular like that, but I was always hoping to get another massage as good as the ones at school, so I'd trade and demonstrate when I got an opportunity. Then, I traded with a woman who was working at a spa, and the next week, I was working there too. I got some great reviews. I have what is called "good hands."
Here, there was one "massage therapist" who didn't put in much muscle for deep work, but did miracles anyway. A friend got a badly injured knee restored in one visit and recommended her when I injured my shoulder. One of the tendons had probably skipped its groove. I'd gone for allopathic treatment for six months, getting an ultrasound exam and an injection, but basically all they did was confirm it wasn't in my head. There was not much action during the massage, but then the shoulder healed overnight.

Edgar Cayce, "the sleeping prophet" ignored his own warnings and worked himself to death, there were so many in need. Maybe you could set up some hoops for prospective patients to jump that will give you a gentler introduction to them.

I think people are often scared of things like this.

Not just that, but also some can get scared of it even if they are the ones doing it. And then they get nervous about the idea of talking to anyone about it too.

It is... disconcerting.

I dont know what else to say about that.

Not just that, but also some can get scared of it even if they are the ones doing it. And then they get nervous about the idea of talking to anyone about it too.

It is... disconcerting.

I dont know what else to say about that.
Anything that lifts the veil of the physical world is disorienting to the ego, which incarnates here to focus on being separate.

I'll be honest, I didnt understand that.
People get spooked by unexplained healing powers, but also by ghosts, ESP, and even successful prayers. It's all paranormal, and so the fear of the unknown kicks in.

Some call this type of energy healing Reiki.
I don't think it needs a name and it does just come naturally to certain people.
I've taught energy work in a metaphysical college.
It's something very difficult to teach. Either the person just knows how, or they don't and never find the way.

Understanding how this works is basically the only intellectual knowledge you might like to know.
Feeling the other person's energy field with your hands and then allowing yourself to be an open conduit for higher universal energy to flow through is what really happens.
I've worked with many people who have asked.
My mom had pancreatitis attacks of severe pain that would send her to the ER for a pain injection.
Once I found I had this intuitive knowledge, I asked her to give me 15 mins. and see if I could take the pain away. She was in agony, but cleaning away the painful energy and replacing it with clean energy took it away.
She never had to go for a pain shot again. Anytime it started, I knew what to do.

The most outstanding example was a friend ask her friend who was crippled with arthritis and could barely walk if she would let me try one time to see what would happen.
She consented and after one session, the next day she walked two blocks to my friend's house and was able to sew with a needle and thread.
Things she hadn't done in years.

I do it with my eyes closed as I see the aura better that way.
The heat can be tiring, yet energizing as you say.
After all, the energy is flowing through you also.
I find it a nice ability to have, even if a lot of people don't believe.
A lot of people do believe also.
It is quite commonly used today. Even by veterinarians.
I have a bias against Reiki, since I did take a class in it. I'm sure it was just the organization that gave the classes, but there are two reasons why.
The first is simply that the method they were teaching me, didn't really synch with me. And that is fine, just personal preference, and didn't really bother me overly.
But the second, they told me that it could not be done for free. Because people won't appreciate it unless they pay. And here are the charges that we find to be appropriate. Never do it for free.
And that second one made it seem horrible to me.
Regardless, the label doesn't really bother me, call it what you will, but I won't call my stuff Reiki. I wince whenever I hear the words.
The rest of what you say I can totally relate to. It is exciting to me, to be able to help someone move and feel better. And yes, it does "flow through me" and usually gives me energy because of that, unless I'm trying to control it too much, and then it gets stuck in my body and I have to release it again on myself without trying so hard. That's the biggest obstacle I've had with this. And I've gotten so much better with just letting go and letting it happen.

I took a short evening course in massage taught by a guy who didn't like the official program he was teaching during the day. One day, an old knee injury was bothering me so I volunteered to be the on the table for the evening lesson. The teacher could tell what area to work on just from watching someone walk in. He ran his hands up and down my body, about a finger's length away from it, and remarked that my knee seemed OK, but my shoulder and hip needed work. So, he showed the class how to do shoulders and hips, and asked me how that was. So, I got up to limp around and complain about my knee again, and it was fine. He had many similar but better stories.
I never tried to work on a spider bite or anything spectacular like that, but I was always hoping to get another massage as good as the ones at school, so I'd trade and demonstrate when I got an opportunity. Then, I traded with a woman who was working at a spa, and the next week, I was working there too. I got some great reviews. I have what is called "good hands."
Here, there was one "massage therapist" who didn't put in much muscle for deep work, but did miracles anyway. A friend got a badly injured knee restored in one visit and recommended her when I injured my shoulder. One of the tendons had probably skipped its groove. I'd gone for allopathic treatment for six months, getting an ultrasound exam and an injection, but basically all they did was confirm it wasn't in my head. There was not much action during the massage, but then the shoulder healed overnight.

Edgar Cayce, "the sleeping prophet" ignored his own warnings and worked himself to death, there were so many in need. Maybe you could set up some hoops for prospective patients to jump that will give you a gentler introduction to them.
I find it fascinating that if someone has pain in one area, it is referred from another part of the body entirely, that is not even in pain. I mean, it makes sense to me, I can see the connections and when I'm working I feel it moving through the whole body. It just seems non-intuitive at first.
Yes, I do have mixed feelings about Cayce, and I know he did work too hard without giving himself a chance to rest. And I can relate to "going deep without pushing deep" - I used to always massage too hard and then I realized I didn't always even have to touch the person :)

I'll be honest, I didnt understand that.
I think I understood and meant that people have a very set idea of what the world is supposed to be, and if you break the preconceived notions they have in very obvious ways (such as healing a deep pain or injury with seemingly magical ways) it makes these people question their very identity. And this scares them and and for some people can make them think bad things about you or that the whole thing was a scam. It is just they don't have flexible enough minds at least in the moment to consider "Hmm, maybe the world is bigger than I thought".

@Shevek I think that was a pretty close analysis to your meaning.

To go a little bit deeper, and why people might think "it is a scam" even though it worked.
If someone, even if they feel relief and tensions melt, gets stressed out even after the session, just thinking about it. For one thing, some tensions come with emotional release as well. So for some people, it is very scary, especially if the trauma released was bad. I try not to go that deep when first getting to know someone, so not to overload them, but some people get scared by even smaller traumas that touch on deeper ones.
Another thing is that the stress from afterwards, thinking "this cannot be, it is impossible" can cause more stress, and the body's cells and muscles and nerves remember the "bad" state and will not really "want" to go back but are used to it and the tension from post-session can re-trigger the recently released stuff and make it come back, maybe even worse at first because they are so focused on it. So it "didn't work" and was a scam.
I hope this helps to understand how I think about this.

I think people are very scared of what can't be explained. And I think that you become a demon in their mind and some end up being very scared of someone who can see or heal. I have frighten people by telling them things that l sense about them. I feel everyone has this, l think we shut it down.

I have always believed that all human brains are capable of the same things. But just as I have trouble with time spans and dates, most people have trouble with this sort of thing. Just wired differently. It is entirely natural and normal though.

I find it fascinating that if someone has pain in one area, it is referred from another part of the body entirely, that is not even in pain. I mean, it makes sense to me, I can see the connections and when I'm working I feel it moving through the whole body. It just seems non-intuitive at first.
Yes, I do have mixed feelings about Cayce, and I know he did work too hard without giving himself a chance to rest. And I can relate to "going deep without pushing deep" - I used to always massage too hard and then I realized I didn't always even have to touch the person :)
If you have a stone in your shoe, you will try to walk on the other part of your foot. That will change how your muscles have to work all the way up.

When treating someone who "put their back out" I'd get them melted into the table, and then explain that when they hurt one spot, all their back muscles tightened up to protect the injury. The pain went away, so every muscle claimed responsibility, and vowed to stay tight. Actually, only a few muscles were actually helping, and the rest were just restricting the blood supply and generally interfering with the healing. So, as they resumed control of their totally relaxed body, they should feel for which muscles were actually needed to support the injury.

yeah, it is all connected through fascia (general term for connective tissue) and kinesthetic repositioning (protection).

New Threads

Top Bottom