• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

TheGreatMoose02

Hello, I’m Marie. I have not been formally diagnosed nor have I fully self diagnosed myself. I have simply come here to get more information about the topic from the people who know it best. My curiosity began when I revived an assignment in my psychology class to do a paper on ASD. After researching it, it kind of felt like things were clicking into place. My social confusion, my speech delay, my behaviour in general, and just feeling very distant from my peers at a very young age. I am still in the very early stages of researching this but if anyone would like to chat and help me gain more insight I would be very great full.

Sincerely,

Marie

upload_2020-9-23_21-38-50.png

First - I love moose. :) If you search female autism it'll probably be more helpful than just autism articles because it does tend to show up a little differently in females. Welcome.

Hi and welcome, it sounds like you are starting to recognise some aspects of how you are, keep on reading. You may be interested in the Jessica Kingsley publishers catalogue as they have books by and about women and girls with autism.

:seedling::herb::palmtree::leafwind::fallenleaf::mapleleaf::sunflower::cat:

Hi and welcome from another newbie!

I'm a bit further down the line with regards of research but I feel you!

So, don't hesitate to ask questions. I'm sure we all remember our beginning point of research. Even if I may not be able to really help you with wisdom, rest assured, I'll be willing to listen/read and be there. Like most of us are, I'm sure.

New Threads

Top Bottom