• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction (this time for real)

Ok, I only just managed to figure out how I am actually supposed to introduce myself. I’ll copy from what I wrote last couple of times:

Hi.
I’m just a kid that was diagnosed a couple of years ago. This wasn’t exactly earth-shattering news, because I was perceptive enough to be fully aware of the fact that I was different, so I liked knowing that there were traits within that that I shared with other people.

My family is supportive, although only my dad really understands what being an Aspie really means, which can lead to certain conflicts.

My life has been kinda unlucky overall, although there are people with worse lives out there. I have nephrotic syndrome, a rare disease which affects my immunological system,and basically means I’m allergic to my kidney, which means I’m on immunodepressants at all times. Fortunately, I’ve only been hospitalized once. In emotional matters, my friend list isn’t very long, as is to be expected, but overall, I usually managed to have at least one friend. Today, I have a small group of friends which each has something terrible in their life, but we cope together. In terms of family, I have a sister, and my mom died 9 years ago or so. I am capable of discussing it normally by now, and also could some time ago, but the result is that I matured pretty quickly, so sometimes I feel like I missed out on being a kid.

I’m kinda shy with new people, but once the ice is broken I’m pretty sociable. I’m a bit of a doormat (someone who gets taken advantage of) and the main reason I popped into this website was because of my silence.

I have a habit of speaking quietly, as I feel it’s a normal volume, although everyone around me disagrees. The result is that my opinions are statements are usually squashed. Even when I try to speak up. This is quite frustrating sometimes, so I decided to join a place where I could vent a bit.

As for hobbies and the such, I love music and singing, I love books and the internet for reesearch, I enjoy video games, and I like YouTube. My hyperfocuses hav varied a lot, but they have never strayed from the general topic of science. I particularly enjoy physics. (For any physics nut, my account name is a string theory pun. If you get it, you’re probably like me)

Anyway, if you’ve read all this, I really appreciate your dedication to a random person’s life, and I give you a sincere thank you.
Bye.

upload_2018-12-11_13-30-9.png

Hello and welcome. I know - I used to get frustrated with people when they used to tell me I was mumbling. Sounds like you have had a rough go at life, but you seem to have done well with it all. This is a great forum to be on and - vent away.

Hello, @No Strings Attached! Welcome to the forums!

If you have any questions or anything, go to the Site Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback sub-forum and post your questions, comments, and suggestions there, if a similar question had not been asked before. We're very helpful here, and we are glad to help with anything you need relating to the site.

You can find the rules in the General Rules & Guidelines thread! Make sure you read these carefully.

This is a friendly and supportive site, and we hope you enjoy your time here. Have a great day!

Hi NSA and welcome to the forum
There's people of all ages and nationalities here so I'm sure you'll find people you relate to. Hope you enjoy it and appreciate it as much as so many of us already do :)

Welcome No Strings Attached.
Yes, I get the name. I do love astrophysics. Especially Black Holes and Dark Matter studies.

This one's for you:
hqdefault.jpg

Greetings No Strings Attached and welcome to the forum.

I particularly enjoy physics

Quantum Physics is one of the "rabbit holes" I traveled down for a few years while conducting my life long research. From a very early age I have always wondered 1) who I was? 2) where I came from? & 3) why am I here? On the surface these questions seem reasonably simple but one field of study would precede another and so on. My current research endeavors involves Transpersonal Psychology which is a branch of Parapsychology.

Again, welcome!

Hello, @No Strings Attached! Welcome to the forums!

If you have any questions or anything, go to the Site Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback sub-forum and post your questions, comments, and suggestions there, if a similar question had not been asked before. We're very helpful here, and we are glad to help with anything you need relating to the site.

You can find the rules in the General Rules & Guidelines thread! Make sure you read these carefully.

This is a friendly and supportive site, and we hope you enjoy your time here. Have a great day!
Thanks for all the info! It’s probably gonna be extremely useful!

Greetings No Strings Attached and welcome to the forum.

Quantum Physics is one of the "rabbit holes" I traveled down for a few years while conducting my life long research. From a very early age I have always wondered 1) who I was? 2) where I came from? & 3) why am I here? On the surface these questions seem reasonably simple but one field of study would precede another and so on. My current research endeavors involves Transpersonal Psychology which is a branch of Parapsychology.

Again, welcome!
That sounds very interesting, especially since I ask myself those questions all day. If you want to tell me anything on the subject, I’d be delighted to listen!

New Threads

Top Bottom