• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

introduction, languages and geography

Welcome to the Forums. It would help if you offered a few hints as to those interests. That would give you a chance to connect with someone who shares those interests. This is a great place to connect with likeminded people. May you find what you seek,

HI and welcome @law33xx

Happy birthday (tomorrow)
I am curious, you say you are in the North east. However, that does not say much since we have folks on here who live in the UK, US, Canada, Australia to name but a few of the countries represented - however, it may be my aspieness coming through

Welcome to the Forums. It would help if you offered a few hints as to those interests. That would give you a chance to connect with someone who shares those interests. This is a great place to connect with likeminded people. May you find what you seek,
ok how do you do that

HI and welcome @law33xx

Happy birthday (tomorrow)
I am curious, you say you are in the North east. However, that does not say much since we have folks on here who live in the UK, US, Canada, Australia to name but a few of the countries represented - however, it may be my aspieness coming through
North.east England and thank you for that birthday message

Welcome. I’m assuming that your interests are geography and languages? Are they a result of each other? Like your into geography so enjoy learning languages of places?

I’m more of a history nerd but Ive taught geography, does that count? Personally enjoyed teaching population pyramids, exploring the effects of glaciers and the sustainable goals. Also liked doing stuff related to the rainforest with the different canopy layers, and natural hazards like volcano and earthquakes. :cool:

welcome to af.png

ok how do you do that
What you could do is to post something about each of these interests, saying something about what you particularly like about them, of what is getting your interest just now.

Often people will respond to that and you can develop the conversation from there.

Welcome to AF.

In the 70s I minored in geography. Studied a broad spectrum of things like climatology, meteorology, cartography and air photo interpretation/photogrammetry. Plus the geography and cultures of specific areas of the world. (Eastern Europe, Soviet Union, China)

Majored in political science- 20th century totalitarian and authoritarian systems, plus American constitutional law.

I love geography. But even more is understanding the geology behind the geography. Living in a region dominated by the Great Lakes, one sees the impact of the massive continental glaciers everywhere. Next year I'll be returning to the Anti-Atlas of Morocco for its fabulous geography and geology.

Geography is a special interest, as is the history of Oregon and California, and tribal regalia.

New Threads

Top Bottom