• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yoja

Hi I am a 32-yearold womn with high-functioning autism. I am queer (I have been dating a wonderful woman for the last 10 months). I am interseted in ancient wisdom, mythology, symbology and spirituality. I am Christian, but am looking to expand my spiritual practice so that i can found ways of grounding myself in my body e.g. through chakra work. I am also trying to find mytholgies and practices to connect me to the natural world.

Would be happy to hear from anyone here about their spiritual interests/ practices.

I just love to learn about every kind of practice and find what rings true for me.

I was diagnosed with autism and anxiety a few years ago, and have been trying to figure things out since.

I am from nz where there are few services for adults with autism.

Yeah, so lots to learn.

Welcome to the forum. :)
I am interested in the world beyond the surface and material, too. Although, I don't really have any meaningful conversations online anymore. Deep conversations in writing really are an awful lot of work, and I would spend literally all day editing and refining my posts with every new thought. Such is the burden of having an analytical mind and a need to define and then express my thoughts accurately and in full. I think this is (perhaps not exclusively) an HFA thing.
So I mostly only make very shallow posts about the little things that cheer me up in the moment. But I'm intellectual and deep too, honestly! I just keep the conversation inside my head. :oops:

Welcome, Yoja.
You can learn a lot here and read a variety of aspects on ASD.

Nice to hear you are seeking different views of spirituality.
So have I for many years.
I have an associate's in metaphysics and Reiki work.
PM me if you would like to talk about this subject or have questions perhaps I could help with. :)

Hi Yoja

welcome to af.png

New Threads

Top Bottom