• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself

Tallen01

Hello, I am new here. I was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder a few years ago but didn’t realize they actually diagnosed me until a few weeks ago. At the moment I don’t have any special interests that I can think of. However, I do really enjoy martial arts and I have been fixated on autism since learning of my diagnosis. I am very high functioning to the point I question the diagnosis and have no impacts on my life other than difficulty with social interactions. But who doesn’t struggle there lol.

welcome to af.png

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:taxi::car::lorry::bluecar::bluecar::truck::bicyclist::runner:v

If I were you I would stop fixating.

I was not diagnosed until I was into my forties, was not even aware of what Asperger's Syndrome was, and then it meant little except to offer a safe harbour in the work place should some of my social ineptness cause friction.

My point is, I have lived a long and comfortable life with more than my fair share of world travel and participation in world events. I have always been who I am at all times. I may have evolved over the years but that is a human trait shared by everyone. Forget the diagnosis and just live to satisfy yourself.

I get a feeling that you may already be at that point so join in and explore.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello, I am new here. I was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder a few years ago but didn’t realize they actually diagnosed me until a few weeks ago. At the moment I don’t have any special interests that I can think of. However, I do really enjoy martial arts and I have been fixated on autism since learning of my diagnosis. I am very high functioning to the point I question the diagnosis and have no impacts on my life other than difficulty with social interactions. But who doesn’t struggle there lol.

Hi @Tallen01 - Welcome to the Forums
Having a "special Interest" is not a requisite to being autistic. From my point of view this is one of the things that falls into the spectrum aspect of ASC, ie we are all different in how things manifest for us

New Threads

Top Bottom