• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself

glenaim

35/40 ASQ score 12/180 EMPATHY QUOTIENT pure ocd
hi,im Glen have got Autism,only got diagnosed about 3 years ago.have also got pure o and depression and type 2 diabetes.

Hi Glen welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. There's plenty of ideas and information here and people are friendly. It takes a while to think about what autism means to you, I realised I have high autistic traits some years ago but am still exploring what this means. I have found this to be a good place to learn and understand more.

:palmtree::leafwind::cactus: :evergreen::herb::deciduous: :palmtree::leafwind::cactus: :evergreen::herb::deciduous: :palmtree::leafwind::cactus:

welcome.png

hi,im Glen have got Autism,only got diagnosed about 3 years ago.have also got pure o and depression and type 2 diabetes.
Welcome, Glen. You’ll find answers to many things here. You will be challenged to question some things too. I’m glad your here and look forward to learning from you.

Hi there. I’ve actually already made my introduction, but not on the official forum (this one), so I put it here:
Hi.
I’m just a kid that was diagnosed a couple of years ago. This wasn’t exactly earth-shattering news, because I was perceptive enough to be fully aware of the fact that I was different, so I liked knowing that there were traits within that that I shared with other people.
My family is supportive, although only my dad really understands what being an Aspie really means, which can lead to certain conflicts.
My life has been kinda unlucky overall, although there are people with worse lives out there. I have nephrotic syndrome, a rare disease which affects my immunological system,and basically means I’m allergic to my kidney, which means I’m on immunodepressants at all times. Fortunately, I’ve only been hospitalized once. In emotional matters, my friend list isn’t very long, as is to be expected, but overall, I usually managed to have at least one friend. Today, I have a small group of friends which each has something terrible in their life, but we cope together. In terms of family, I have a sister, and my mom died 9 years ago or so. I am capable of discussing it normally by now, and also could some time ago, but the result is that I matured pretty quickly, so sometimes I feel like I missed out on being a kid.
I’m kinda shy with new people, but once the ice is broken I’m pretty sociable. I’m a bit of a doormat (someone who gets taken advantage of) and the main reason I popped into this website was because of my silence.
I have a habit of speaking quietly, as I feel it’s a normal volume, although everyone around me disagrees. The result is that my opinions and statements are usually squashed. Even when I try to speak up. This is quite frustrating sometimes, so I decided to join a place where I could vent a bit.
As for hobbies and the such, I love music and singing, I love books and the internet for research, I enjoy video games, and I like YouTube. My hyperfocuses have varied a lot, but they have never strayed from the general topic of science. I particularly enjoy physics. (For any physics nut, my account name is a string theory pun. If you get it, you’re probably like me)
Anyway, if you’ve read all this, I really appreciate your dedication to a random person’s life, and I give you a sincere thank you.
Bye.

New Threads

Top Bottom