• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself - a designer who is very interested in autism and looking for ways to help!

Jo Conrad

Hello everyone!

I've been really interested in autism for a while now and can relate to it personally in lots of ways. I wondered if there was a way I could help as a designer so I've started making animations that I really hope are calming, and I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I'm finding it hard to get them seen and to find out if I'm on the right track.

I would love you to have a look at my channel and let me know what you think! They are all repetitive, predictable loops with a handmade feel, and all available as a two minute video that starts with a hint at how it was made, or a longer simpler version of around twenty minutes.
My channel is called Moloopi (from 'Moving Loop Pictures') and I would be so grateful if you could visit it here:
Moloopi
or share with someone who you think might be interested.

Thanks very much!
Jo x

Wow...I had no idea what to expect reading your description. I'm very impressed! This is surprisingly easy to get lost in. I'm glad you shared this with us!

Hey Jo! Thank you for sharing your animations. They are beautiful and the calming music really complements the visuals. I really like what you’ve done. I didn’t need calming down at the moment, but your animations made me smile.

I’m usually a little skeptical when people join these forums to promote their work, but I’m glad I got over my skepticism and watched. Your channel is like a portable happy place :)
I’ve subscribed to your channel, keep up the good work!

Hi and welcome. These are great, thanks! I would like the moving columns to move slower, they are moving too fast to be relaxing. My favourite is the the space scene, but I find the rocket too big and intrusive, for me, it's going too fast also. I would like it to be more distant and smaller, the soft glow in the stars is relaxing but then the rocket zooms past... it's a nice rocket though, maybe it could star in it's own story about a rocket?

I think your art work and ideas are lovely, and I enjoyed the music with each animation.

:spoutingwhale::snowflake::whale::spiralshell::dolphin::snowflake::spoutingwhale::spiralshell::whale::snowflake::dolphin:

I too am leary of people promoting things, but if Bolletje gave a thumbs up I had to check it out. ;)

Quite good, and agree you are onto something. I only looked at the 2 minute versions.

I really liked the hands element showing how things are set in motion.

The rockets reminded me a bit of watching a toy train go around a tree. Part of the interest is it disappearing for a while.

I thought a change in sequences might help keep them interesting longer. (Perhaps you already did this in longer versions). Like 1 fish for a while, then two, and last three, etc.

On the Rocket perhaps after 10 revolutions there is a malfunction and the ship explodes and the bodies are flung into space to implode individually from the pressure differential.

Just kidding about the last. ;)

Nice idea. Keep gong!

Wow...I had no idea what to expect reading your description. I'm very impressed! This is surprisingly easy to get lost in. I'm glad you shared this with us!
Hello everyone!

I've been really interested in autism for a while now and can relate to it personally in lots of ways. I wondered if there was a way I could help as a designer so I've started making animations that I really hope are calming, and I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I'm finding it hard to get them seen and to find out if I'm on the right track.

I would love you to have a look at my channel and let me know what you think! They are all repetitive, predictable loops with a handmade feel, and all available as a two minute video that starts with a hint at how it was made, or a longer simpler version of around twenty minutes.
My channel is called Moloopi (from 'Moving Loop Pictures') and I would be so grateful if you could visit it here:
Moloopi
or share with someone who you think might be interested.

Thanks very much!
Jo x
Ah thanks very much - that's really nice to hear! And so lovely to get a reply - I've posted on a few forums now and not even had any views. This seems like a very encouraging and friendly place! Thanks again.

Hey Jo! Thank you for sharing your animations. They are beautiful and the calming music really complements the visuals. I really like what you’ve done. I didn’t need calming down at the moment, but your animations made me smile.

I’m usually a little skeptical when people join these forums to promote their work, but I’m glad I got over my skepticism and watched. Your channel is like a portable happy place :)
I’ve subscribed to your channel, keep up the good work!
Thanks very much Bolletje! I don't like it when people promote themselves either so it didn't feel good doing it! But I was struggling to get noticed and thought I'd give it a try - thanks very much for giving me a chance! I'm really glad I found this forum. Thanks for your kind words.

Hi and welcome. These are great, thanks! I would like the moving columns to move slower, they are moving too fast to be relaxing. My favourite is the the space scene, but I find the rocket too big and intrusive, for me, it's going too fast also. I would like it to be more distant and smaller, the soft glow in the stars is relaxing but then the rocket zooms past... it's a nice rocket though, maybe it could star in it's own story about a rocket?

I think your art work and ideas are lovely, and I enjoyed the music with each animation.

:spoutingwhale::snowflake::whale::spiralshell::dolphin::snowflake::spoutingwhale::spiralshell::whale::snowflake::dolphin:
Thanks very much Thinx! That's great to have such specific feedback - thank you! I can see what you mean about the speed. I was trying to get a balance between the speed and smoothness, as it started to look a bit jerky when I slowed it down more, which is hard to avoid in animation sometimes. But that's really useful to know, and a story about the rocket is a great idea! Thanks again.

I too am leary of people promoting things, but if Bolletje gave a thumbs up I had to check it out. ;)

Quite good, and agree you are onto something. I only looked at the 2 minute versions.

I really liked the hands element showing how things are set in motion.

The rockets reminded me a bit of watching a toy train go around a tree. Part of the interest is it disappearing for a while.

I thought a change in sequences might help keep them interesting longer. (Perhaps you already did this in longer versions). Like 1 fish for a while, then two, and last three, etc.

On the Rocket perhaps after 10 revolutions there is a malfunction and the ship explodes and the bodies are flung into space to implode individually from the pressure differential.

Just kidding about the last. ;)

Nice idea. Keep gong!
Thanks very much Tom! Yes, sorry for using this to promote my work but I'm really glad you checked it out! :) Thanks for all the great comments. A change in sequences is a really good idea. The longer versions don't have any variation at the moment as I thought the repetition might be more relaxing, but I can see that would help to keep people engaged.

(Nice idea for the rocket but I think I'll give that a miss! ;))

Just a thought: Many of us like patterns and creating order. Things like sorting can be very satisfying. I used to love sorting my kids legos and even used to watch the old 40 minute defrag programs on computers.

I am stressed. Is the fish going to hit water on the piano note or not. The columns are to distracting for me. I have sensory issues with musical notes. This brought out my issues l am afraid. It was overload for me. And the tempo bothered me too. I relax to Duniya. It's tempo, chanting, and repetition. There are some songs l can listen to over and over. But l am super grateful that you exposed us to them. You help me understand just how pervasive my issues really can get. So if anybody likes chanting, weird noises, and repetitive beat - check out Loop Guru- their album l like is Duniya.
Through Cinemas (excellent chanting),

Fine Line Between passion and fear,

Jungle A .
Got rid of this and found l needed all the weirdness back. I also gravitate to artists on the spectrum like The Vines.

Last edited:
Just a thought: Many of us like patterns and creating order. Things like sorting can be very satisfying. I used to love sorting my kids legos and even used to watch the old 40 minute defrag programs on computers.
Thanks Tom! That's a really good idea. I didn't know about defragging but that does sound satisfying, and I love sorting Lego, and Hama beads too. I hadn't thought about using this for an animation but I will!:)

New Threads

Top Bottom