• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interview!!!

bchamp

By the time some of you see I'll have already had the interview, since it's tomorrow(or basically today) at 11am.

I'm anxious!! I've had job interviews before but something about working at Target really excites me, plus it's 12 per hour.. and that's REALLY good considering most jobs in the area pay around 8-10 per hour..

I am confident I'll get the job.. Too much stress to work 2 jobs so I'll be leaving my current one.. which I've barely been at.. but I was paid 9.50 so it's a huge step up so I'll be taking it if I get a position here.

I'll post about it again tomorrow but I really hope to own this interview!

Well it's about 8am here so I think I'll be in good time to say
GOOD LUCK!!!!
It's always wise to go for the job that's good for your soul if you can get it, and if it pays better then KERCHING!

Am I right in thinking Target is a kind of discounted general store?

You can do it bchamp!

It happens that I currently work at Target, so here is what I would recommend:

Dress yourself like a manager for the interview! Wear a nice button up shirt, tucked in with a belt, and clean shoes. Smile a LOT, and remember, Target refers to their customers as "guests". The interview questions will mostly focus on how you respond to guest questions and/or complaints, no matter what department you're applying for. Assure your interviewer that you are good at anticipating guest needs and meetings those needs in order to ensure a seamless guest experience.

So, to sum up:

- Dress like a manager

- SMILEEE

- "Guests"

- Anticipate needs

- Seamess guest experience

Last edited:
It happens that I currently work at Target

That's about as good an example of serendipity as I've seen in some time :)

All good advice you give for most retail interviews too, not just Target. I spent a good few years in retail management and those are really good tips to get yourself noticed!

Had the first interview, seems like I'll have a second interview coming soon. I wasn't too nervous once I actually got to talking with the manager(I think? Assistant of some sort). I just gotta wait for a callback, if not I'll call in 3-4 days to see what's up.

Good luck.

I have my own interview next week as well for a position with Royal Mail.

It's not to be a Postman, it's working in the sorting office.

May or may not be suitable but we'll see.

New Threads

Top Bottom