• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interlock polos in Fall/Winter

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, is there any particular reason why interlock polo shirts are less popular in fall/winter than they are in spring/summer? For those who were wondering, interlock is the soft smooth cotton knit (essentially a double jersey knit), and is typically the knit used for most pima cotton polos.

You can generally find pique polos in most preppy brands' fall/winter collections (typically being differentiated from their spring/summer counterparts in more autumnal hues), but comparatively fewer brands offer interlock polos in their fall/winter collections. Are interlock polos too much associated with spring/summer to be considered appropriate for fall/winter? I know interlock is generally less popular overall than pique (although I think females are more likely to prefer interlock than males).

In 2016 and 2017 I have been mostly buying pique polos, but this year in 2018 I have bought more interlock polos, including one in my favorite shade of pink, Fairy Tale. I was so happy that it was offered this past spring, since I damaged one from spring 2015 either with bleach or pool chlorine that I finally got a spiritual successor in the same color (the style isn't exactly the same, but it is the same nice color). That particular color pairs looks very nice in an interlock knit.

So, why would interlock polos be less popular in fall/winter? While almost all of mine are in spring colors (although I do have a red one but it was still part of IZOD's spring collection). Is there anything wrong with an interlock polo in autumnal hues like hunter green, dark teal, or maroon?

Does an interlock polo wear better as a layer piece? Maybe the softer knit is better in summer because it isn’t covered by a sweater or another shirt?

New Threads

Top Bottom