• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interesting article on brain structure and autism

Well, the scientific part is interesting...

This part:

The findings, published Friday (March 25) in The American Journal of Psychiatry, suggest that therapies for children at high risk of autism may have the best chance of working if they start in infancy.

...makes me wonder when will be therapies for children at high risk of being NT so we have the best chance to work with them since their infancy...:rolleyes:

The amygdala is also enlarged in PTSD, so maybe they had birth trauma and MAYBE the little kids have PTSD from some weird dr stuffing them into an MRI at regular intervals.

Just from the title, however, I suspect the rapid structure growth may be more likely a symptom instead of a cause.

Yeah, they keep saying the babies act NT until 12-24 months and maybe I'm wrong but I have a really hard time believing it.

For example, a small 2014 study tested an intervention in children ages 6 to 15 months, which taught parents new ways of interacting with their babies, such as methods to shift the baby's attention away from an object they were fixated on...

They're literally babies let them fixate if they want dang

Last edited:
The amygdala is also enlarged in PTSD, so maybe they had birth trauma and MAYBE the little kids have PTSD from some weird dr stuffing them into an MRI at regular intervals.

I think my primary negative of being autistic is sensitivities and anxieties. I am convinced that is genetic and was present long before birth - at conception. I think that alone is sufficient stimulation to "enlarge" the amygdala.

Not noticing autistic "symptoms" prior to two years of age is not an indicator that autism "starts" after two years of age, it is a lack of observational detail and understanding of those observing the two year old.

I have several PTSD's. It took a while, but I have learned the source of each and it all has to do with sensitivities. The "problem" however, is that I don't want to lose any of those sensitivities. The PTSD's are certainly not something desired. They are beyond nightmare level terror - beyond anything Hollywood can dream up, but still, losing the sensitivities that created the PTSD's would be losing me. A nightmare terror in itself.

or maybe they were traumatized by their parents neglecting them which would explain the absence of autism during the first six months of their life

New Threads

Top Bottom