• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

insanity

wadorama

V.I.P Member
yup, this again and sorry. the speed at which my symptoms are accelerating has led me to consider possibilities beyond just aspie traits. this should please any wado ubters out there.

did I think myself into a hole where i'm all there is to eat? or do I maybe have a brain tumor?

ever thought you were losing your mind, and then come back from it? if so, how did you?

thank you bo (ha!). that's a keeper.
You're welcome. These days, anytime I'm having a bad day, I can ALWAYS trace it back to negative thoughts that I've been allowing to run rampant in my mind for the last few minutes, hours, or day or two. I then take control of them and POW! No more bad day.

so you thought you were there? actually there? still able to pay bills and crap, but mentally unviable?

so you thought you were there? actually there? still able to pay bills and crap, but mentally unviable?
Admittedly, it was a looooong time ago. But, yes. Let's try an experiment. What particular thought are you most dwelling on right here, right now?

"Insanity" is an incredibly general term, what kind of insanity? As in, losing touch with reality? Having trouble distinguishing between fantasy and reality? Something else entirely?

I did drive myself to what I would call "insanity" a couple times in a couple different ways and came back from it. I can probably offer some insight, but I need more to go on. If you're still sane enough to recognize that you're going insane, you're not even close to falling over the edge; the truly insane don't know they're insane. So, what's up?

"Insanity" is an incredibly general term, what kind of insanity? As in, losing touch with reality? Having trouble distinguishing between fantasy and reality? Something else entirely?

I did drive myself to what I would call "insanity" a couple times in a couple different ways and came back from it. I can probably offer some insight, but I need more to go on. If you're still sane enough to recognize that you're going insane, you're not even close to falling over the edge; the truly insane don't know they're insane. So, what's up?

yes. this. took brief comfort in the self-recognition thought, then not. maybe the "here for?" thing?

yup, this again and sorry. the speed at which my symptoms are accelerating has led me to consider possibilities beyond just aspie traits. this should please any wado ubters out there.

did I think myself into a hole where i'm all there is to eat? or do I maybe have a brain tumor?

ever thought you were losing your mind, and then come back from it? if so, how did you?

To think you might be going insane, seems like you are still very control of your mental functions.
Insane people mostly have no idea what is going on around them. You always seem very sane in your answers.

I do hope you find what has you tripped up. I have that "fear of sleep thing." It comes around unexpectedly and makes me think I will die if I go to sleep. That could be considered "insane" I would think, but its just a glitch... Something causes it, (probably from my past), and I bring it into the present.

I don't have any real words of wisdom... The Automatic Negative Thought therapy that OB posted sounds very legit. It makes sense right up front to me and I think I might dig into that a lot more. I get down and basically start hating myself. Thats not healthy and I know that... I also know that to know that, proves I still have some sanity up in there somewhere...

I hope you feel better soon. : )

One more thought.... Are you on any meds? Did they change them? Did you stop taking one? Maybe one has quit working and is now counter intuitive?

This stuff can cause some real scary stuff to go on in a persons head... : )

To think you might be going insane, seems like you are still very control of your mental functions.
Insane people mostly have no idea what is going on around them. You always seem very sane in your answers.

I do hope you find what has you tripped up. I have that "fear of sleep thing." It comes around unexpectedly and makes me think I will die if I go to sleep. That could be considered "insane" I would think, but its just a glitch... Something causes it, (probably from my past), and I bring it into the present.

I don't have any real words of wisdom... The Automatic Negative Thought therapy that OB posted sounds very legit. It makes sense right up front to me and I think I might dig into that a lot more. I get down and basically start hating myself. Thats not healthy and I know that... I also know that to know that, proves I still have some sanity up in there somewhere...

I hope you feel better soon. : )

thanks man. seems like there's something to the ant and I will dig into that hill if I make it past this.

going crazy alone is...well, just imagine. or rather don't and I hope none of you ever have to. I used to be better than this. like a lot. now I am not.

thanks man. seems like there's something to the ant and I will dig into that hill if I make it past this.

going crazy alone is...well, just imagine. or rather don't and I hope none of you ever have to. I used to be better than this. like a lot. now I am not.

Its all ebb and flow Chief... And they say when things get nasty and your struggling like crazy... Something great is very close to you... Believe in yourself... And you are free to call me a hypocrite because I struggle just like you and many others, except all in our own personal nightmares... UG! : )

I am sad you feel that way. I do , too . My goal is just to get to the end without suicide. That is the best I can hope, now. THat is not happy wording and not positive, so I hope I don't make it worse. Listen to everyone else here :) They do help me when I feel myhands around the noose. I am not kidding.

I hope it's ebb and flow like Chance said.
I have been doing pretty good with the high anxiety and
panic attacks for several years.
Now for some reason it seems to be coming back and my fear is it will and I won't be able to stop it!
The negative thought that keeps bugging me is the what if Ant. What if it does get really bad again to the point I can't do much of anything or end up in the hospital from it?
I have so much to lose if that happens.

Have a difficult day today with things to face that I am really feeling scared about.
I need to get my self confidence back and kill the self blame Ant too.
Got to get some sleep before facing today.

The ant thing sounds good.
Funny thing is, like the guy who came up with that idea,
I have had a recent invasion of those pesky little things in the kitchen with the cold weather driving them in I guess!

Really strange sensation right?
I won't go into too much detail but was working on self help in solitude and reached a point where it seemed like f i went any further my mind was going to break. Had to disassociate heavily for a while to forget about it...
And well. that's what keeps me sane. From wake until sleep either watching something, studying something, playing something or working on a project. Getting lost in a good show with 4+ seasons can help until the negative effects subside or lessen but do be sure to eat and stuff too.

If idle hands are the devils play thing then an idle mind is his play ground. Lets say your out for a walk in the woods and hear a noise in the bush... a rabbit? a cougar? a bear? Some homicidal hobo? surely an assassin that is surely there for you? The longer that noise remains an unknown the wilder the assumptions can become until one is consumed with fear and worry. Maybe not the best example but it does illustrate it.

It is likely something else going on too... just by the sound of your original post.
Make a doc apt when you can and keep track of the symptoms you are having now. Bring those notes in and describe (to the best of your ability) what you are experiencing and see if they have any insights.

sounds like you dug up some crazy like I did, but then learned to keep it buried by distraction. I dig.

homicidal hobo. ha!

there is no insurance so there will be no doctor beyond webmd and this. no pressure though. ;o)

sounds like you dug up some crazy like I did, but then learned to keep it buried by distraction. I dig.

homicidal hobo. ha!

there is no insurance so there will be no doctor beyond webmd and this. no pressure though. ;o)
doctors don't know everything if I go to the ER with panic attacks they can't do anything,keep hydrated pure orange juice it appears to be made for dehydration !especially if you're taking medicines they will dry you out as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom