• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Infected molar blues.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I have been living with severe tooth pain for the last two months. At least it will not last much longer as I am having a root canal done in a couple of days from now. But I am losing sleep over this.

CBD has done a lot to take the edge off, it works a lot better than Orajel or aspirin. Yet even that is not enough right now.

I am currently on antibiotics, waiting for them to kick in a little bit.

Should I run to the store to buy some clove oil? Or should I take the pain like a man until root canal time comes around?

I have had this more than once. It's absolute agony. Once the antibiotics kick in it will ease right off. That normally happen within hours. When did you take them?

I have had this more than once. It's absolute agony. Once the antibiotics kick in it will ease right off. That normally happen within hours. When did you take them?

First dose of antibiotics was eight hours ago.

My sympathies! Dental pain is the worst thing in the world! Yes, even more than child birth!

An ice pack helps if your infection has travelled to you soft tissues. Clove oil might help but only some. For dental pain I have found advil / ibuprophen to more helpful than asprin. Caffine with asprin or ibuprophen will help it work better! Chug a couple cups of coffee!

I am not a touchy gal but hugs to you Len. I hope you feel better soon!

After your root cannal you won't be able to eat much for a day or so. Make sure you have some soup, yoghurt or other soft and liquid foods on hand. My personal fave - jello!

My sympathies! Dental pain is the worst thing in the world! Yes, even more than child birth!

An ice pack helps if your infection has travelled to you soft tissues. Clove oil might help but only some. For dental pain I have found advil / ibuprophen to more helpful than asprin. Caffine with asprin or ibuprophen will help it work better! Chug a couple cups of coffee!

I am not a touchy gal but hugs to you Len. I hope you feel better soon!

After your root cannal you won't be able to eat much for a day or so. Make sure you have some soup, yoghurt or other soft and liquid foods on hand. My personal fave - jello!

Got cans of chicken noodle soup, packages of instant ramen noodles, mashed potatoes, Gatorade, a couple pints of lemon sorbet, a few cans of CBD soda, and a couple of ice packs ready for aftercare.

I agree with all of Suzette’s suggestions. I mentioned to someone else on here yesterday that I really like apple cinnamon tea when I’m in pain (it comes in decaf and regular.)
I can take a picture of the box for you if you want, but I know they sell it at Whole Foods and probably other supermarket chains.
I’m sorry you’re going through this :( I’m kind of in a similar boat though because I’m getting braces and some other dental work done on Monday :(
I really hope you start feeling better soon!! Good luck at the dentist!

I have been living with severe tooth pain for the last two months. At least it will not last much longer as I am having a root canal done in a couple of days from now. But I am losing sleep over this.

CBD has done a lot to take the edge off, it works a lot better than Orajel or aspirin. Yet even that is not enough right now.

Should I run to the store to buy some clove oil? Or should I take the pain like a man until root canal time comes around?
Where are you located? When I had an infected molar (it had to be surgically extracted after a course of antibiotics), I used red vein kratom leaf tea as pain relief. I know it isn't legal in all countries/states, so I hesitate to recommend it. *hugs* I hope your root canal day arrives soon! Dental issues are the WORST!

@KagamineLen - I can’t reach it unless I stand on a chair (I think I’m just under 5 feet tall lol) but that’s the tea I mentioned. This one is decaf.
I have black cherry and honey chamomile too, and a variety of others (chai, passion fruit, mango green tea, etc.) Most of them are very soothing.
They’re not necessarily “pain relief,” but they’re calming and do seem to make me feel a little less pain. I’m going to use these when I get my braces on Monday.
Hope this helps!
12234F66-42F3-43FC-B0DB-B59EA6DD98CE.jpeg

Oh my, I can certainly sympathize with you, I have had my share of bad teeth before, One of the only things I have found to work with tooth pain is Tea Tree oil, I have shared that with many people who have gotten relief from it too. I am not sure if the pain is severe if it will work or not. Usually does for me but there have been a few times that nothing worked.
Having had a lot of tooth aches first thing I do is take sugar out, will not eat any candy or sugary things, secondly I floss really good and brush with baking soda a few times a day or rinse my mouth with peroxide around that tooth.

My son just had a bad tooth and needed a root canal, waiting to get the root canal he said the only thing that gave him any relief was holding cold water in his mouth. That has never worked for me, If I had a tooth ache and put ice or cold water on it I would fly to the moon!!! Always made it hurt twice as bad.
Good luck, I know tooth pain is one of the worst pains. Hope you can at least get some relief before the root canal.

Hope the antibiotics have made a difference by now. They usually have given me a high dose strong one when I have had this issue. One time I had to have a second course as once wasn't enough to biff the infection. So, so painful!

Hope you are feeling better. I don't even mind the root canal filling after the pain of the abcess has gone away! They can give you injections that stop any pain from that. Sounds like you are well prepared for aftercare too!

In 36 hours, I will be in the middle of a root canal.

Never thought I would ever say I was looking forward to something like that, yet here I am.

Swish your mouth with hot salt water. It will kill germs and debridle the wound, lessening pain. Clove oil works nicely for relieving pain.

If you want to go up a tier in the natural remedies dept, swish with colloidal silver, and take 6 pellets of homeopathic 30c hpus Belladonna. It will lessen the inflammation very quickly.

Last edited:
Had the procedure done this morning, they put a filling on top and we made an appointment to put on a crown. Went home, took a long nap, woke up and decided to post an update. The tooth pain situation is a billion times better than it was this morning.

Excellent news! Glad you are feeling better. The next serious pain you'll feel will be the dentists bill I imagine! :eek:

Excellent news! Glad you are feeling better. The next serious pain you'll feel will be the dentists bill I imagine! :eek:

Nope, that pain has already been dealt with as I paid my insurance co-pay up front right before the procedure happened.

Nope, that pain has already been dealt with as I paid my insurance co-pay up front right before the procedure happened.

Phew! Because dental bills can be expensive. But you have it covered, that's good.

Fitting the crown is the easy part after the root canal filling, I've found. Glad to hear this is all sorted out.

New Threads

Top Bottom