• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Incoming Transmission from Austin!

AustinFrom1995

Hello everyone! I am new here (duh :p ) and I just wanted to stop by and say "hi" to all of you. I was diagnosed with Autism (Asperger's to be more specific) a couple of years ago, but I always kinda assumed I was Autistic to some capacity, as I tended to show all of the "classic" traits. I have really only ever been on one other Autism forum before now (Wrong Planet), so aside from that the only other Auties I meet were those I happen to come across on non-Autism forums. Some of my special interests include:

Zoology
Gaming
The Paranormal
Reading
Animation/Cartoons (But I'm not into Anime)
Transformers
Halo
Photography
And others.

So if anyone else likes these things, be sure to let me know! :) I hope to see you all around and I look forward to contributing to many discussions!

-Austin

Quite believe you mate..! Im very opened minded and have seen and heard things i honestly couldnt explain....! Its fascinating. ..!

Me neither, I prefer reading about anatomy and behavioral aspects of zoology. Remember, zoology means "the study of animals" not zookeeping. :)

-Austin
Many zoologists get a degree to be a zookeeper and i think the theories are inherently wrong

I'm interested, what theories to you find inherently wrong?

-Austin
Mainly where up to date research about animals meets welfare its the same as human neurology
neurologists are still stabbing around in the dark and still trepanning!!!!!! Archaic
animals DONT want to be forced to live in an artificial environment they DIDNT ask for what is basically imprisonment then techniques are used that will remind them of abuse like chaining their feet ,disagree with zookeepers over that .
And saying zoo's have!!!! to be open to the public wild animals avoid humans

Quite believe you mate..! Im very opened minded and have seen and heard things i honestly couldnt explain....! Its fascinating. ..!

Here you go!

Ghost Encounter | Asperger's & Autism Forum

Mainly where up to date research about animals meets welfare its the same as human neurology
neurologists are still stabbing around in the dark and still trepanning!!!!!! Archaic
animals DONT want to be forced to live in an artificial environment they DIDNT ask for what is basically imprisonment then techniques are used that will remind them of abuse like chaining their feet ,disagree with zookeepers over that .
And saying zoo's have!!!! to be open to the public wild animals avoid humans

I see what you are getting at. But this is outside my area of expertise. :( Like I said before I am more into anatomy and evolution, not zookeeping practices. Sorry. But I agree with what you said about trepanning.

-Austin

welcome.png

What's up Austin! Welcome to AC, you're making the right choice by joining us. I live in Texas and I just loved visiting the city of Austin. I've considered myself as "weird" my entire life and so have many others, so the phrase "Keep Austin Weird" pushed my buttons in a very positive way; made me feel right at home. My psychologist thinks I have Asperger's and advised me to join an online community - so here I am. Never regretted joining, this community gives me so much insight on Asperger's, which I've been suspecting in myself all along.

I've been struggling socially throughout my entire life. I've had very few friends overall and went through many periods where I had zero. Never dated in my entire life and I'm almost 30 years old. Went through a fair (or unfair, to be correct) share of bullying and being ridiculed by other students. Tried very hard to fit in among NT's which only made things zillions of times worse, and made me more alone than ever. In college I was pretty much an outcast; I was in computer science so being a little weird is pretty typical there, but me...I was like an alien from outer space. I was pushing weird, I was even pushing alien. People thought I was crazy or on drugs, and many of them hated me. To this day I completely blame myself and just live in self-hatred and regret. Even now at work I feel like the outsider, but at least they treat me in a civil manner. And for the record, I don't hate myself for being weird; I hate myself for pushing weird and becoming annoying and obnoxious.

I've had some rather unusual interests here and there, but overall I'm a pretty boring guy; these interests, past and/or present, include streetlights, construction machinery, bottle caps, school ceiling intercoms, 4-digit numbers that start with 9, divisibilities of certain numbers, square roots, Isuzu tow trucks - and at one point I used to be very artistic and write stories, poems and songs. My streetlight and construction site interests have been some of the most prominent; I used to draw lights & sites, create imaginary cities in my mind with a bunch of imaginary lights & sites, and build a mock city in my childhood home with toy lights (made out of straw and paper cutouts) and sites. By now I've kind of lost the artistic side and write software for a living - but I do it because I'm skilled; I have no ambitions in life. My streetlight interest has indeed diminished, but it's not 100% gone. My construction site obsession however is as lively as ever. I also play an online card game where I dream of reaching Legend rank, and I get very flipped out if I go into a losing streak. I guess we can say that reaching Legend in this game would be my current ambition. Some NT's think it's a waste of time, but despite my self-esteem issues I stand my ground and I say otherwise.

Gonna end my rant here - welcome Austin! If people ever call you weird, just say "Keep Austin Weird" in a positive light. Weird is not bad, our planet is RULED by weird. :D Right now I'm most definitely weird, and weirder than weird - but I'm on a healthy level of weird. That college story of mine deserves its own thread, I might just make one in the near future.

New Threads

Top Bottom