1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In my opinion

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

In my opinion if someone or people are trying to provoke someone who is doing nothing wrong and minding their own business and the person minding their own business reacts, and the police are called, the person doing nothing wrong didn't cause the scene at all and shouldn't receive any police hassle and the bullies should be jailed

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NothingToSeeHere

NothingToSeeHere Asexuowl V.I.P Member

That attitude assumes that the person being provoked is incapable of the simple level of self control required to not react, which is pretty patronising. They could ignore, walk away, or report the bullies behaviour. If instead they choose to cause a scene/start a fight, then they should face the consequences same as everyone else involved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Aspergers_Aspie

Yes reporting it and walking away probably seems the best response

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Aspergers_Aspie

I would disagree with the person minding their own business starting a fight, if the person who is minding their own busines was left alone no incident would occur

5. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

6. mw2530

mw2530 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the situation and the actions of everyone involved. Bullies should be held at least partially responsible in some situations. A person should have the right to defend themselves against unwarranted bullying.

7. Aspergers_Aspie

Not everyone would walk away some people would hit someone for trying to provoke them for no reason

8. NothingToSeeHere

NothingToSeeHere Asexuowl V.I.P Member

Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and actions have consequences. If they choose to hit someone instead of walking away, then they are responsible for that choice to commit a crime.