• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Imagination and inventions.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
Was thinking the other day about imagination and inventing. Is what we imagine simply things that haven't been invented yet? A glimpse of knowledge that we dont fully understand?
Are all things we imagine possible with enough time spent understanding the science behind them?

invention become reality when drive,determination and passion and prehaps obsession play with the imagination, ND thinking is often different to NT thinking i think and i know in life i often have a different perspective from others, and my focus on a subject becomes all consuming this has had great and also not so good consequences, have others here experienced 'thinking outside the box?' examples please.

Physics limits a lot of things that imagination doesn't.
(e.g. flying like superman).

However within the limits of physics (and other sciences too I suppose such as chemistry and biology, depending on what is involved) imagination might lead to alternative methods of achieving the same objective.

It's probably better to think of inventing as making things that are both practical and needed to solve a problem. (but people have "invented" solutions to non-existent problems or were more trouble to use than the original problem)

Was thinking the other day about imagination and inventing. Is what we imagine simply things that haven't been invented yet? A glimpse of knowledge that we dont fully understand?
My imaginations haven't always been constrained by reality, though I can exercise such constraint when necessary.
full

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom