• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm so sad.

Ana54

My boyfriend cut off all his hair. :( (It was a foot and a half long. Now it's like an inch long.)

My friend at the YMCA when I was living there (who looks exactly like my bf in some pictures) did the same thing when he was manic. His hair was down to his waist and he cut off about 6 inches just because he was bored. I've done the same thing tho, because I was bored. My YMCA friend was manic and bipolar and on an antidepressant without anything else. He did a lot of interesting things. My bf is also bipolar. I still don't know why he did it tho. He would look good whether he's bald or whatever, but I still like his long hair. He wanted me to grow my hair long too... and not just the hair on my head. He doesn't like girls shaving their legs or wearing makeup, he doesn't like antiperspirants, he only wears clothes because it's the law,he was proud he had no tattoos or piercings, and he had his long hair, of course. He was a very natural person, which is why I was a bit surprised he cut his hair short. It still suits him and his personality tho. He still looks like him, at least. Some people, like me, look totally different with shorter hair.

When I was depressed I pretty much cut off my own fringe and pulled out an incredible amount of hair.

Hugs.

He does say he still gets depressed sometimes. But before he was depressed he was seriously thinking of going inpatient at the mental hospital. Then when Lars was born he suddenly stopped drinking, stopped playing computer games, stopped being on the computer all the time, and instead played with Lars, and watched movies with him. I wonder if he's ever altered his appearance due to mania or depression. He's rather hard to bring up touchy subjects with tho. I had thought he was the opposite, when I first met him. He does when it's something about ME he doesn't like (though he has put me first at times and let me do whatever). But he won't believe me sometimes if I tell he HE's depressed. He did admit it tho once, and even admitted (with prompting) that he doesn't make the most positive choices when he's depressed. That makes it so much easier for me to take things he has done to me, and as for things he has said about me or refused to talk about, he did admit that he put himself first by not making himself talk about it because he can't take negativity or criticism (neither of us can), rather than putting me first by listening to my complaints and explaining why he had doen or said or thought whatever. He's taken complaints about me before, but now that we don't live together it's like I have to nag him a lot and then give him a 3-month break and then nag him some more and it might literally take a year to get an explanation out of him.

New Threads

Top Bottom