• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Im obsessed with a band and i think im crazy

Jess29

Im 15F and I have Aspergers and ADHD, I'm so obsessed with a band called Why Don't We, I've loved them for almost 2 years now (Not long) but they've had such an impact on my life, I get really bad anxiety and depression. I feel better when I listen to their music and the thought of ever meeting them or seeing them in concert is the only thing that's ever stopped me from committing suicide. I tend to think theres something wrong with me as i cry if someone insults them or if I'm not wearing this necklace I have with their logo on. I wear their merch to school constantly or I have to just have something to do with them whenever I leave the house. I end up getting upset and crying because I know they don't know me and it physically hurts. I wouldn't go to the point of kidnapping them or anything crazy like some people have done to celebrities but I do have a favorite member who I genuinely feel connected to even though he lives in another country and I've never met him. It upsets me and it physically hurts to know that I don't have a chance with him and he doesn't love me the way i love him as he doesn't know me. I tried talking to my therapist about it but he said it's normal, it doesn't bother me that this is happening to me as I find it comforting but sometimes I think I'm crazy. Does anyone have any opinions?

I fell in love with the band Macabre when I was around 15 and I've been obsessed with them ever since (almost 33). I don't personally see anything wrong with it unless the person obsessed sees something wrong with it, but if it brings you positivity and enriches your life it's probably more than fine.

If not, there are always other things to get obsessed with and new special interests to acquire.

Crazy? No. Actually a pretty normal thing for a teenager to feel. That attachment to the one band member sounds like love sickness. It can be kinda painful. I remember feeling that with some TV/Movie stars when I was your age. But you do get over it eventually. I suspect it is largely chemical. You are not yet accustomed to these powerful hormones (or something like that) emerging in your system. Like someone never tasting sugar being handed a powered sugar donut. ;)

Crazy? No. Actually a pretty normal thing for a teenager to feel. That attachment to the one band member sounds like love sickness. It can be kinda painful. I remember feeling that with some TV/Movie stars when I was your age. But you do get over it eventually. I suspect it is largely chemical. You are not yet accustomed to these powerful hormones (or something like that) emerging in your system. Like someone never tasting sugar being handed a powered sugar donut. ;)
Thankyou, that honestly helps alot Thank you so much that makes me feel alot better ❤

New Threads

Top Bottom