• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm not paranoid

Aspergers_Aspie

I'm not paranoid because I care if someone may overhear personal details or see my passwords. Why are they personal then!
I'm not paranoid for getting angry at disabled hate crime. My friend Ian got called mongo in a bar, he was more sad than angry I think but can't be sure. A member of staff at the autism charity we are part of said ignore comments like that, for me that's easier said than done. Autistic people have the right to wait at a bus stop, shop, go to bars and cafes etc walk along the street without being provoked or mocked, whether it's staring, laughed at etc. I wish I had witness' when it happens to report it!!

Yes it's so frustrating if they do it without being noticed and they get away with it. They contradict themselves probably promoting acceptance of others.

Please except my apologies. I am so sorry you felt dissvalued. One s or two s's.;)

Last edited:
It's important to surround yourself with people that are good-hearted. Some people get their kicks out of publicly insulting you.

Remember that we can only be hurt if we let ourselves be hurt. Stay strong and do your best to ignore. (and if there's a risk of physical violence, to remove yourself from the situation)

Some people push boundaries to get a reaction, and if you don't react, there's no fun for them and things might just end there.

Yeah some aspies find it difficult to know if someone is really kind hearted or just pretending. I guess with the charity drop in I attend that that is a good way of knowing over time.

I'm in a 24 hour supermarket right now, just turned a corner and a guy while walking past and after he passed me kept staring at me, then while I am using my phone afterwards while he is leaving he is starting, why is there no law to make this illegal? After all it's on CCTV He's lucky that no one follows him outside and hits him

New Threads

Top Bottom