• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm me

Gisborough

I hope that's enough of an introduction.

What I actually need to know is how you lot manage to have anonymous usernames whereas I am identified by my real-life name. Can I change that? If not, since one of your rules is that I can't have a second account, I can't now set up an account with another name.

Frustrated! This does not feel like a friendly or easy-to-use environment. Too complex. Simple is friendlier. There's some feedback for you!

Regards,
me

Hi.

I am pretty sure that my name shows, rather than a mock name? I am Suzanne. Not good at coming up with other names, so generally stick to my name.

I joined as a self diagnosed aspie and was welcomed immediately and since then, a couple of year's ago, received my formal diagnosis.

On avarage, it is a very friendly place. Yes, there are times that one can feel not included, but that is mostly due to paranoia and boy, do I suffer that.

Anyway, there are a few of us ( ok, not many) who do use their birth name on here, so have no fear about using your proper name.

Please stick around and see if your first impression changes, eh?

Please check your inbox so we can correct this

Last edited:
6fc07932ca5acded665c06c67ff7ff1e.png

I hope that's enough of an introduction.

What I actually need to know is how you lot manage to have anonymous usernames whereas I am identified by my real-life name. Can I change that? If not, since one of your rules is that I can't have a second account, I can't now set up an account with another name.

Frustrated! This does not feel like a friendly or easy-to-use environment. Too complex. Simple is friendlier. There's some feedback for you!

Regards,
me
I've been on a few forums over the years, they all use the same underlying standardized format, unlikely to change programmers like any other art form all copy each other

Thanks, Nitro.

I can participate now!

By the way, as a matter of interest, how do other people get their monikers? Do they just put in "WonderSurfer123" or whatever when asked to supply their name?

They just make them up.

Some people use a nickname they had as a child.
Some people use a celebrity's name.
Some people mistake "Username" to mean they must
display their given name and then they are dis-satisfied & request a change.
Some people choose to use their given name as their Username.

It depends on what you want to do.
There is no standard procedure.

What Does Your Username Mean?/Avatars & Identity

Monikers are to easy to trace, you cannot hide from a computer search. a common first name is the best choice if you want to remain incognito.

Mine is a reference to nitromethane, and is an online handle I have used in one form or another for maybe two decades.

As an NHRA dragracing fan/participant, I know it as the ultimate fuel AKA topfuel in that form of motorsports.
That translates to the most power you can get out of a reciprocating internal combustion engine.

The oldschool u-controlled model aircraft I play with use it mixed with methanol, for the same purpose.

I end up using my real name most if the time. My selected screen names always seem dorky and uncool, and when I choose a "cool" name it seems phoney, weird or pretentious. Suzette is my real name.

Hi and welcome.

Thinx is my real name, and I am a cat. Just joking. I prefer anonymity online.

I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive to be here.

My username on here is my old Instagram username lol. I don’t have Instagram anymore. My name is Luca. I think that explains it ;)

I just use my real first name Susan and added the intials of my middle and last name.
Keeps it real for me without going full out.

Welcome to the forums! :frogface:

New Threads

Top Bottom