• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm letting go of the idea of a relationship.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
I have no feelings here. No push. No true need beyond physical. I cannot meet the needs of another. Nor fulfill them emotionally. I have nothing to connect over anymore. I let go of all of it.
Women blend together in my eyes. I feel nothing beyond that they are people. With needs, desires, and wants. Something I respect and will not get in the way of.
I'm letting go. Letting it pass. The idea was all it ever was.
I'm okay with that. Laying it aside. :oops:

That is fine. I still hope that you will still appreciate people as fellow passengers on this rock spinning through the cosmos.

You haven't met every woman on the planet, so you can't say , there isn't one out there, that if your paths were to meet, you would not love her madly.

My father told me when I was in my thirties and frustratingly single, “don’t work so hard trying to find the right person. Work hard to be the right person and let everything else be what it’s gonna be.”

I think that letting go of the grasping for these ideas may be the most liberating acts you could do. Maybe?

I share this as an older person in my fifties where I can share thru experience that the pursuit of these desires can be fleetingly sweet and exceptionally bitter. All I can do is relate my experience.

I hope the best for you. Continue to look inward at who you are. Don’t allow culture or perception cause frustration. Work hard to be the best you and let life happen.

Great post. Thank you for sharing it.

Last edited:
I have no feelings here. No push. No true need beyond physical. I cannot meet the needs of another. Nor fulfill them emotionally. I have nothing to connect over anymore. I let go of all of it.
Women blend together in my eyes. I feel nothing beyond that they are people. With needs, desires, and wants. Something I respect and will not get in the way of.
I'm letting go. Letting it pass. The idea was all it ever was.
I'm okay with that. Laying it aside. :oops:

i`m balancing being found by someone with being with someone casually.

I share this as an older person in my fifties where I can share thru experience that the pursuit of these desires can be fleetingly sweet and exceptionally bitter. All I can do is relate my experience.

I've found relationships to be the same and I am in my 60's.
Love feels sweet, but, it is fickle.
If you rely on it for your happiness, it will be bitter when Poof it is gone.

Wish you the best you can make of life. :sunflower:

Focus on always improving yourself.
Women in general aren't so open to casual relationships, but they exist. You can look casually only and be upfront about that if you still crave the physical part. You should use condoms too.

Focus on always improving yourself.
Women in general aren't so open to casual relationships, but they exist. You can look casually only and be upfront about that if you still crave the physical part. You should use condoms too.

Traditional outlook on my part. Marriage before physical.

I've felt that way before in the past (prior to meeting my wife) but I've come to realize that I'm a much weaker type of person who definitely does need that type of companionship and can't be spiritually fulfilled without somebody else - preferably somebody who I believe to be my soulmate.

I envy anyone who doesn't need relationships, though. Being that self-reliant seems like a good quality.

I've come to realize that I'm a much weaker type of person who definitely does need that type of companionship and can't be spiritually fulfilled without somebody else - preferably somebody who I believe to be my soulmate.

I envy anyone who doesn't need relationships, though. Being that self-reliant seems like a good quality

Instagram_egg.jpg
- Zackly! :rolleyes:

Traditional outlook on my part. Marriage before physical.
Do not count that out. Part of the reason my first relationship failed was that I think she wanted more intimacy and I didn't know how to move foreward. With my future spouse we had such an intensity of experience that intimacy felt normal. After I asked her, my mind was so confused that I did not hear her assent. she had to talk me down, patiently explaining that this was taking our friendship to a new dimension.

New Threads

Top Bottom