• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm done.

Ezra

Relax, it's just chaos.
I started the forum game when I was 13, including this one. But I think I'm done with it now. It's not going anywhere for me any more and ends up being more depressing than entertaining in any way.

Why don't you try and write positive things rather than arguing with people. Turn it into a new game.

You talking about political debates I have gotten into elsewhere? That's only been part of over 100,000 posts (litterally) I've made on several forums. Nice to see the impression I left you with though.

I feel that way about most things in my life. The new word is pivot. Keep trying to pivot. I realized long ago that friends I had with lots of money had LOTS of room to pivot and new ways to pivot all the time. If they wanted a new sport? Sure....pivot. If they wanted a new school? Indeed, parents pony up. New friends, new school, new start, new therapist, new everything pivot all the time.

I have little resources and not much in ways to pivot.

So I do what I can to get new stuff in there and sometimes it's taking stuff out. I like isolation because I don't have to talk to people. PIVOT! Hahaha.

I think you are cool but I don't know you well. But it is always disturbing when someone points out what a lot of us are thinking.......I am thinking of ways to get around that feeling, too. There has to be a way........

Hi Ezra. Sometimes something becomes more habit than enjoyment. If it's depressing, sounds like it's time to move on.

I started the forum game when I was 13, including this one. But I think I'm done with it now. It's not going anywhere for me any more and ends up being more depressing than entertaining in any way.

It can be good, it can be bad, it can be boring. Just like in real life. I've been on many forums, two before this for about a total of fourteen years. Like going to some place where people known me a little online, other than games.

But if it doesn't do anything for you, or serves no purpose it's good that you understand that. Your posts seem intelligent and perceptive, and might help someone.

Last edited:
Take a break, find something better to do and come back when or if you're ready. I definitely feel you there, it can be draining to see lots of people post their troubles and hardships on the internet along with everything else that follows from that, but nobody's obligated to put on a feel good persona for anyone.

I believe I remember when you joined WP. You made an impression because you had a positive attitude.

I have struggled at times on forums and almost quit entirely until I decided to try Aspie ones. That has been bumpy too at times but with years has come better understanding.

The way you feel now may not be how you feel always. Until next time: Never give Up, Never Surrender! ;)

Smash your TV, break your laptop in two, drop your phone in a swimming pool, pack a bag walk into the wilderness, and forget all this fake socializing.

Authenically live the life you were made to live.

You talking about political debates I have gotten into elsewhere? That's only been part of over 100,000 posts (litterally) I've made on several forums. Nice to see the impression I left you with though.

And rather than prove me wrong, your answer is argumentative... Kinda proves my point.

Maybe write your response, read it over, think about how the words come across and rephrase it.

And rather than prove me wrong, your answer is argumentative... Kinda proves my point.

Maybe write your response, read it over, think about how the words come across and rephrase it.

There's nothing to prove you wrong about. This is indeed how I react to certain people / certain posts.

Both your posts were formulated in a way that was bound to trigger a contentious reaction. Passive aggressive and accusatory while putting yourself in the role of being the better person.

I was obviously looking for support and encouragement and you provided neither, but rather just made me feel even worse. Now leave me alone please.

Last edited:
There's nothing to prove you wrong about. This is indeed how I react to certain people / certain posts.

Both your posts were formulated in a way that was bound to trigger a contentious reaction. Passive aggressive and accusatory while putting yourself in the role of being the better person.

I was obviously looking for support and encouragement and you provided neither, but rather just made me feel even worse. Now leave me alone please.

I'm sorry. It looks like I need to take my own advice about thinking about how to carefully word posts.

New Threads

Top Bottom