• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm developing an Earthbound ROM Hack.... about myself

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I love this game, and when I once found out people make ROM hacks of Earthbound, I was wondering how one would turn out if it was made by me, ABOUT me.

Take a look for yourself as I have successfully transported myself into the world of Earthbound!! (Ignore the right side, I just had some Delta 8 and I'm in a mystical state of mind right now.)

If you can't tell, that's my IRL self. The pink hat is supposed to be a Kirby hat, but graphical limitations prevented the face holding his breath.

I *just* started production yesterday so this is really the only 100% complete thing in the game right now. What do ya'll think? :)
earthboundhackinprogress.png

Nicely done with your character!
Thanks! As it turns out, sprite work isn't as difficult as everyone makes it! At the very least not with JHack.

The story will follow me as the player travels through seven diverse locations in a quest to learn how to be a proper Lightworker, and determine what is the one source of all the world's problems.

Cool.

If it's about you then it's probably very personal. A lot of art, especially by autistic people for whatever reason, tends to be semi-autobiographical. I used to do this stuff too when I was younger and had more time. My own advice taken from my own experiences would be to not worry about the quality of the end result, and just do what you think feels right. Don't worry what other people think about it if you like it. Don't know what you feel about it, but that's definitely what messed me up when I did this stuff.

I'd still love to see the final product though.

Hey. You sound like you are a success story. Doing what you like to do and kind enough to share with us.
☺☺

New Threads

Top Bottom