• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Illinois to cut funding for autism support

I hate when these things happen. A few years ago, Learning Disability Association of Nova Scotia was shut down due to lack of funding. I feel like I'm not important to Nova Scotia as other provinces have much better funding for many services.

How about going after the young mothers who are healthy and able and having kids with multiple men well not being held accountable ever and than they don't work but get free healthcare by the state and than those kids get sent to 24 hour day cares.

It's bad enough we can't help adults with autism in this state but if you take away funding for the children you'll screw over almost as many more people as when they combined Aspergers into the autism spectrum which caused many to lose services

How about going after the young mothers who are healthy and able and having kids with multiple men well not being held accountable ever and than they don't work but get free healthcare by the state and than those kids get sent to 24 hour day cares.
Ah yes, once again the myth of the Welfare Queen rears its ugly head. Why do I get the feeling you have never lived anywhere near the 2x poverty line generally required to receive income assistance? Y'all (meaning everyone) need to lose everything for a while, just a little while, maybe just a couple years, just to get a clue.

BTW, is the "Him" casting the shadow in your name by any chance Jesus? If so, what would He think of your attitude toward the chronic poor?[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, once again the myth of the Welfare Queen rears its ugly head. Why do I get the feeling you have never lived anywhere near the 2x poverty line generally required to receive income assistance? Y'all (meaning everyone) need to lose everything for a while, just a little while, maybe just a couple years, just to get a clue.

BTW, is the "Him" casting the shadow in your name by any chance Jesus? If so, what would He think of your attitude toward the chronic poor?
[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, I net 11k yearly after everything has been taken out.

I live in one of the toughest areas in the country in Chicago known as a the wild hundreds near 103rd and Michigan.

I also know many of these queens you refer to who take advantage of state and federal funds and live close to many 24 hour day cares do a google map street view around the area going towards 111th north it's not pretty.

I speak from experience

Guys, you were asked to keep this thread on track.

You may want the last word but in these cases the last word is ours, please, do not derail this thread.

Guys, you were asked to keep this thread on track.

You may want the last word but in these cases the last word is ours, please, do not derail this thread.

Not a problem I had to respond to the statement. I don't mind staying on topic from here on as longer as an off topic question or statement is posed directed towards myself.

Rutter: Rauner cuts autism program funding when target must be pensions - Lake County News-Sun

Am I glad I left ILLinois in 1991. I though Tom Corbett, former governor of PA was a jerk. Raumer sounds like a psychopath. Of course, this is ILLinois, where the mantra is vote early, and vote often.

Am I glad I left ILLinois in 1991. I though Tom Corbett, former governor of PA was a jerk. Raumer sounds like a psychopath. Of course, this is ILLinois, where the mantra is vote early, and vote often.[/QUOTE]

There is very little support for people with "mental" disabilities in Pennsylvania. Gov. Corbett decimated any help calling us basically system mooches and fraudsters. The PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is an example of cruel joke, tokenism. The office has no idea how to help folks with Autism and it's worse because they act as if they do. The office is really only equipped and interested in helping people with physical disabilities. PA OVR is supposed to liaison with companies and get them interested in hiring people with Autism but it seems like little work is being done on that. Plus, they are woefully underfunded with out-of-date literature. About the best experience I've had was a very apologetic and sincere counselor. I can tell she wants to help but she cannot. I certainly don't mind retraining for a career but the funds seem only available to ex-felons and people without a college degree - never mind that my college degree is in Criminal Justice.

New Threads

Top Bottom