• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you're on Google Hangouts, avoid a 32 year old woman called Clara Jasmine!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

She contacted me on Facebook on Wednesday, I thought it was completely innocent and accepted the message.

Anyway we got chatting on Google Hangouts eventually, and she told me she lives in Houston, Texas and wants a serious relationship! I told her I'm a disabled 42 year old guy from Sheffield, England, currently out of work.

Then she said she wanted to come to England and meet me! I was like yeah at whose expense? Ain't no why I'm paying air fare from Texas even if I could afford it and I can't!

This has been going on all day today ss well, I've been busy doing personal stuff and she's been contacting me on Hangouts, I asked Dad what to do, and he said to rudely tell her to get lost! So I did, I told her to get lost too! She still came back to me and declared her love to me, a total stranger!

So I deleted the conversation, I need to ask my Brother how to block her.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're on google hangouts, avoid google hangouts and use an encrypted messaging service instead. Makes it harder for google to collect your private coms.

I've seen plenty of these kind of messages/emails; someone who says they're desperately in love with you but want you to pay for them to come to you.
It's an easy scam and sadly, some people fall for it.

Whenever I get a friend request for someone I don't immediately know, I either deny it immediately or show it to my wife and ask her if I know the person (because I'm that bad at names and faces).

I've seen plenty of these kind of messages/emails; someone who says they're desperately in love with you but want you to pay for them to come to you.
It's an easy scam and sadly, some people fall for it.

I didn't, contrary to what some people think even I'm not THAT daft.

Well done for not falling for it. These scam "artists" Will try anything and pull on the heartstrings of so many people, particularly vulnerable people. They take no prisoners.

I just watched a documentary where part of it detailed a Chinese woman's career as going on a webcam and talking to people and acting cute and doing little games and dancing and such, and people just give her money! It said she made $300,000 last year!

I guess being asexual is a real money-saver! :D

Blocking doesn’t serve much point online or in phones as people can easily create new accounts and get new phone numbers to reach you. I’m sorry, but it makes me laugh at how pathetic it all is. Also, you never know who’s exactly sitting typing behind the screens. Especially if you don’t know them.

Red alert! Red alert! Sounds like you are making a wise decision and making distance from this persona in that forum.

There's another possibility. That girl/woman on the other end may be part of a FBI sting operation looking for online pedophiles. There's a lot of that going on here in the US.

Another possibility is that it is a scam being run from a prison. Prisoners are known to set up "lonely hearts" accounts to scam money from innocents. There was a big case in Angola Prison, Louisiana, years ago involving prisoners who posed as gay men to contact outsiders, and then they blackmailed the gay victims to send them money or else the prisoners would out them as gay.

Be careful out there!

There's another possibility. That girl/woman on the other end may be part of a FBI sting operation looking for online pedophiles. There's a lot of that going on here in the US.

I am in Sheffield, England, never been to the US and probably never will, too expensive.

Your equals you're :D

@tree, yes it does in this instance.

No, it doesn't "equal" it.

I believe what you are, once again, attempting to get across,
is that someone has mis-used a word and that another word
which sounds like it, but is different, should be used.

"Your" does not equal "you're."
Your = possessive
You're = a contraction, an abbreviation for 'you are'

Yep. Even the local police here do that and make a point of advertising it. But they consider and confine their operations geographically. Hard to say where the FBI draws lines accordingly, though they are well known for such sting operations as well. But then in all fairness I'd wager there's nothing that the OP would have done to put him on their radar either.

Though I can't help but wonder how many criminal scammers "underwrite" the vulnerabilities of their victims. That for all we know just being on the spectrum may make us obvious targets to such mentalities. Yet another reason to be less transparent about our Neurodiversity outside this domain.

Last edited:
I am glad you blocked this person. You made a wise decision.

The scammers are good at finding marks (people to take advantage of).

The post office guy told me many years ago, "if it sounds too goid to be true, it probably isn't true."

So yeah, you done real goid.

Online scams are rife these days. Only a tiny percentage of people fall for them but they target so many people even that tiny proportion nets them a good income...until they are caught. Even my own parents fell for the "your computer has a virus, call this number and we'll fix it" scam,and lost £300 before they told me and I put a stop to it.

I'm targeted all the time. My main email inbox is crammed every day with Russian girls wanting to fall in love with me and recently "hackers" who know my email password and have apparently emailed me from my own account to prove it. These hackers claim to have hacked my webcam (all taped over) and have film of me enjoying some "alone time" which they are holding me to ransom for. They even quote a genuine password of mine... that I only ever used on a now defunct forum 13 years ago :p

Also, because that email address begins with the letters "Dr" I get convincing looking emails from bogus lawyers (sometimes pretending to be from a real firm) threatening to sue me for medical malpractice (or sexual harassment) unless I agree to a generous out of court settlement, or begging letters from students or scientists, starved of funds who are on the verge of a major breakthrough if only they had that extra $10K...

It's everywhere on t'internet and you did well to spot it Rich. Unfortunately, because you engaged with them for while it'll likely happen again so be on your guard ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom