• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you're aged 50 and older please share your quality of life experience!

colstonr

Hey yall!
icon_smile.gif

Introduction - My name is Rachel Colston. (Feel free to look me up on social media to verify I am not posting a scam) I am a mental health counselor in training and a masters thesis candidate at the University of West Alabama. I am conducting online and over the phone research study focused on asking those of us that identify as autistic and are 50 years and older their quality of life experience.

About the research - The purpose of this study is to explore the experiences of older autistic adults (aged 50 years and older). Because of the understanding that there is no universal experience for anyone or any identity, and the lack of awareness about experiences of older adults, the study asks, “What are your social, emotional, mental, and physical quality of life experiences?” There are three parts of the study, a demographics survey, a quality of life assessment developed for those of us that identify as on the autism spectrum, and a quality of life interview with the main research conductor. Interviewees choose the mode of communication for the interview and will be compensated for completion of the study. Benefits also include having your experiences of quality of life shared. Feel free to reach out with any questions or share if you know someone interested in being interviewed!

Contact details - Email: [email protected] Office Phone: ‪(530) 487-0699‬

Attachments

• Recruitment Flyer_2.png
    Recruitment Flyer_2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
My quality of life improves if l don't do surveys unless you are sending gift cards for coffee. hint hint.....

It's funny that this post was put up today and is about people over the age of 50. Because today is my birthday and I just turned 50.

New Threads

Top Bottom