• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you were to.........

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
If you were to suddenly became famous in any way and in any form, what would you do and how would you spend it?

I'm confused. It sounds like you are asking two questions, The first being what you would be famous for, and the other seeming to be that you would also be rich, asking what you would do with the money? Is that right or am I still confused?

If I were to become famous, which I wouldn't want anyway, I would want it to either be over something I crafted, like furniture or sculptural things. Or some kind of energy saving technical innovation. I really don't like being noticed, except by small numbers of people. I once got called on stage at curtain call by the director of a show I had designed and built the set for in our local community theater. I'm sure he felt I deserved some recognition, but I really enjoy being anonymous. They practically had to shove me out on the stage, I do not have stage fright, I had acted in bit roles on occasion, when I use to stage manage shows. (Theater tech stuff was an interest of mine for several years) I do like praise from individuals, especially friends, but I don't like being singled out in front of a crowd. So being famous, Not something I would ever seek out.
Money - Buy a house that suits our life better, nothing outrageous, maybe just outside the city, with a few peaceful acres. Be able to keep up with the necessities of life like good dental, doctors visits, new glasses. Have some nice furniture, and a new mattress. Take a real vacation every year. I really am not a money driven person. I am not against spending money on a few nice things, (I bought a new bike this year, big TV last year,) I would be able to give some money to help some of the local non-profit organizations that I like. I would buy a boat, probably a 19-21 ft power boat. I grew up with boats and I miss being able to do that whenever I want, and another bike, right now I need a decent mountain bike, and want a better road bike.

If I were to become famous, I would like to be famous for contributions to science, or for the artwork I would make. I don't think there would be many material benefits to being famous as a scientist, but I wouldn't care about that. If I were famous for my artwork, I might have more resources to make more ambitious pieces of artwork, although I don't think even well-known artists are that rich. It would be nice someday if I could get a house with (preferably forested) land.

Me, it would be cool if I could receive some recognition for creating a new plant hybrid,or discovering a new plant/insect species. as far as money is concerned, if I were well-moneyed, I would buy a small house in a secluded area, then spend a great deal of the rest of the money in distributing computer software that would give a 'voice' to those who cannot speak,likewise concerning voice-activated software for those who have difficulty typing. Not every one can afford software of this kind,and it would be so cool to see those who need it,but cannot pay,recieve it any way. :)

I would want to be famous for some kind of contribution to science or wildlife conservation. Or I'd want to write a novel or make a film that became really big.
And I would spend the money I earned on a house, car and all that. Oh and I'd get a load of stuff I'd always wanted, like a remote control puppet I saw not long ago that's 1000s of quid, if I was famous I could buy 5 of them no problem.

If I became "famous", I would use my inflated sense of self importance to go to London and tell David Cameron to "Sod off" to his face, I would also travel to WWE HQ in Connecticut and call Vince McMahon an "Out of touch Numpty" to his face, I'm sure he'd be totally confused because Americans don't use the word "Numpty" but it would be funny.

If I became famous for a good reason (as opposed to infamous), I would use my clout to raise awareness and money for animal rescue (esp. cats) and for the importance of of spaying and neutering pets.

If money came along with the fame, I would buy a comfortable cottage on the Pacific Coast (maybe in Oregon), make sure I had enough in trust to pay property tax for the rest of my life, and then set up charitable funds for animal rescue groups that I deemed worthy by way of their efforts to support their communities.

IMO fame comes with a very different sense of karma.

If given to me, I'd think I'd just give it back. ;)

Fame!
I want to live forever!
I want to learn how to fly!
Wait, fly?
I'm thinking of a different word that rhymes with "fly". One that starts with "d" and has no other consonants. The opposite of "live forever".

Hmm. Fame. No thanks. I'd be ripped to shreds by NTs.

Fortune? A small house with a Snoezelen room, parts for my car and the rest in scholarships for women who have ASD and PTSD.

Hmm. Fame. No thanks. I'd be ripped to shreds by NTs.

Fortune? A small house with a Snoezelen room, parts for my car and the rest in scholarships for women who have ASD and PTSD.

Agreed, fame would not be a good thing for this Aspie.

Fortune would not be to bad. First I would pay off all of my debts. Then I would share with my family.

Confession: I had to look up Snoezelen room to see what it was. Maybe I would get one of those too.

New Threads

Top Bottom