• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you were ever bullied in school and told a teacher or principal About it

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
What is the response you got?

as you know I am writing a book about bullying And I would like your different experiences about telling an adult or someone you’re know that you’ve been bullied or are being bullied.

in my story I am trying to show that currently there is no true/ easy answer when it comes to bullying if you know what I mean.

I am trying to hold off revealing the main bully till the end by mainly showing cyber bullying for example anonymous texts

My homeroom teacher's response was an "oh." No further questions. That was when I was 16 year old. I got isolated/bullied to the point that I was once locked in the classroom with no windows opening and all the other classmates went to PE class.

He was really chill about everything.

They mostly ignored it. E.g. I once got a pair of compasses pushed in my upper leg by a so-called "class mate" and I could clearly see that the teacher (that stood 2m in front of me...) saw and heard it (as I screamed), but no reaction.
I'm sorry that I can't share any positive experiences here, that's the only thing that came to my mind right now. But I'm sure there are some positive reactions as well:)

Last edited:
This girl would say mean things about me, she slammed my locker shut once after I'd just opened it, and made fun of me for spelling quiero wrong in Spanish (She was Puerto Rican.)After she called me stupid for not knowing, I just walked out of the classroom and cried in the bathroom. I came back at the end of class and the teacher asked me if the girl was bothering me, and I said yes, it makes me uncomfortable when she sits on the desk right in front of me and looks down at me. She just moved her and that was that. Once you leave high school it doesn't matter as much because you realize kids are just really nasty and hormonal. They are figuring out their place in the world, and they cannot conceptualize the power their actions and words can have on someone else.

as you know I am writing a book about bullying And I would like your different experiences about telling an adult or someone you’re know that you’ve been bullied or are being bullied.

Most of the people who bullied me when I was younger were adults. The other adults I told always took their side because I was just a child in their eyes. I realize now I would have been much better off if I told my peers instead of older adults.

Child bullying is mostly harmless compared to adult bullying. When adults bully, their victims get broken bones and concussions from being violently beaten, kicked, punched, thrown through the wall, and slammed on the ground. That kind of bullying was routine at this one school for decades and all of the adults either participated or helped cover it up. I was bullied and witnessed this kind of stuff many times and none of the adults ever cared. Another article I read said the staff at the school laughed about beating up students and breaking their bones at a local bar and none of the adults there said or did anything about it.

At Glen Mills Schools, boys are beaten, then silenced

Some people thought that the headmaster was having an affair with the teacher who mistreated me. He did take some action tho, and she left the skewl after a while.

I have had a few incidents in the past where the teachers or principal has either brushed off what happened or completely ignored it. There are two incidents that I remember which included the one time my mother did talk to the principal at my high school about me getting bullied and the principal replied that things have changed since the 70s and now they try and get to the “better nature” of the bully. The second incident which is the worst in my opinion was when I was in year 7 and I was on a bus coming back from a sports day and the bus was packed so I had to stand up. Due to my terrible balance and coordination I kept tripping while the bus was moving so the kids thought it would be a great opportunity to push me back and forth and taunt me while doing it.

One of the teachers at the front of the bus saw what was happening but just turned his head away and ignored it. Not much was done during my time at school and because of that it was one of the reasons why I left school halfway through year 8 and been afraid of education since.

Even now I do not think much is done in schools to tackle this issue and I do not think the attitude towards bullying has changed since I was in school.

Last edited:
I found administrators were often uninterested in acknowledging bullying so that they could insist the school didn't have a problem with it.

There were a few periods in high school where I stopped smoking weed and was far more irritable than I was when I did. Unfortunately this lead to me starting to retaliate against bullies and one of them also corresponded with me figuring out how to pop chair legs off at the weld...
...suddenly my complaints started to be taken more seriously, I guess it was less expensive than replacing every chair (not because I'll break all of them but because once they know I can do it, can do it in less time than it can be responded to and have started showing other targets of bullying how to do it it becomes a huge liability issue that expulsion won't fix).

Bullying hasn't really taken off yet when l was in school. But l removed my daughter after a little piece of poop told my daughter he would kill her. Then the stupid female principal told me that the little boy would never say anything like that, so nothing was done. I should have found an attorney and sued but the attorneys were horrible in this state. I wouldn't even do my divorce there.
My daughter was frightened. I did something about it. I removed her and homeschooled her for 5 years which allowed her to pursue her interests. But later she wouldn't leave to LA with me because she was frightened of being bullied again in high school.

Last edited:

in my story I am trying to show that currently there is no true/ easy answer when it comes to bullying if you know what I mean.

I am trying to hold off revealing the main bully till the end by mainly showing cyber bullying for example anonymous texts
I was in school longer ago than I care to think about (late 1950's to mid 60's). In those days bullying was the norm. Reports of bullying were pretty much ignored unless someone got hurt. Then the bully would be severely punished by having to stay in for recess the next day. Also the victim, since both were fighting. The philosophy at the time seemed to be that it was necessary to bully the weaker boys in order to toughen them up. Nobody explained how being beaten up every day made you tougher.

My mind likes to forget but i think in primary school things went pretty bad. I can't name specifics cos it was so long ago, and i like to leave it forgotten, but the bits i can remember is ending up sent to the sick bay where the office just sent me home and my dad beat me up verbally once i got home. I do not want to remember much more of what happened but both the mishandling of my outbursts and my father's mistreatment of me contributed to childhood trauma that caused me to go mute as a teenager. Luckily mum deciding to take care of me and her being a much better parent was good. And my high school was much better and understood things a lot, even if in mainstream for my first year, their ways of helping me were limited. But being sent to a special ed class in that high school, that was really good to me and helped me alot, even further helped me.

To sum it up, I had a really rough, and traumatic childhood of abuse and bullying and misinterpreting me as "oh this boy is a nasty kid" when in reality i was acting out in the way i did as a way of trying to decompress as well as go into fight of flight response mode. High school my first year, they understood i was just upset and tried to help. In special needs class, they were alot better at helping. I still got yelled at if i broke things or was scaring people, and same was true with my mum. You obviously can't let people off too lightly, but the consequences have to be fair and account for the fact that i was mentally broken, and that was what the teachers and my mother made sure to do.
I managed to overcome anxiety and depression as an adult, and that childhood trauma i mentioned was also overcome. I just needed a good environment and support in place to help me out of my shell which i got as a teenager. ;) Lots of great, understanding friends too

I was in school longer ago than I care to think about (late 1950's to mid 60's). In those days bullying was the norm. Reports of bullying were pretty much ignored unless someone got hurt. Then the bully would be severely punished by having to stay in for recess the next day. Also the victim, since both were fighting. The philosophy at the time seemed to be that it was necessary to bully the weaker boys in order to toughen them up. Nobody explained how being beaten up every day
made you tougher.

Ironically, even if you do toughen up it just ends up being held against you because now you're dangerous and a threat to order. To be fair, I think that depends on who the bullies are, when the bullies are other outcasts you can be utterly savage to each other and the school won't care because neither of you have value; when the bully and their family are 'integrated' better than the target and their family retaliation by the victim or demands for justice from the parents of the victim almost always only lead to more problems for the outcast.

I was told that I was having trouble socializing with the other children when bringing bullying to the attention of the teacher.

I've also been bullied by teachers, some of whom saw getting laughs from children extremely important to their self esteem.

New Threads

Top Bottom