• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you were a character in a game or adventure book, what kind would you be?

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
This is inspired by another thread that's sorta still ongoing. I forget what the title of that one is and am too lazy to look it up.

Now, I'm mostly a hardcore video-gamer, but this could be done in the style of D&D, or in, well... whatever the heck style you feel like describing. Or heck, make it a book character, whatever.

But yeah, the question is... if you were in, say, a fantasy or sci-fi adventure game, or whatever sort you want, what sort of adventurer would you be, and with what sorts of traits/stats/abilities, based on your real self?

And yes I know actual D&D players come up with characters based on themselves all the time, but I thought it might be a fun topic that pretty much anyone could join in, not just D&D fans.

So, for me:

Well lets go with stats:

Species: human.
Alignment: chaotic neutral.
Class/something: Er... I dunno.

Strength: haha no
Magic/mana/whatever: high
Intelligence: high sometimes maybe, other times maybe not
Wisdom: uhhhh
Speed: GOTTA GO FAST
Endurance: low
Attention span: LOL
Patience: LOLOLOLOL
Confusion: always

Traits/abilities:

High reflexes: look I shouldnt need to explain this one.

Prediction: I can often tell when something is about to happen. No, I dont know how. But this makes me seem even faster than I normally am. VERY useful in an adventure, surely.

Total perception: Nothing escapes my notice.

Extreme coordination: Comes from all the gaming, but I can do other stuff as well.

Weird flippy throw trick: Hard to explain. I can take something, and toss it at a specific spot, right. But it will very violently flip, end over end, backwards as it goes through the air. The motion to do this looks like a funky downward forearm movement but the object will travel in a high arc. Usually, it will land wherever I wanted it to and then roll/bounce backwards towards me. Not exactly useful but it's a neat flashy thing. Could distract monsters I guess.

Animal connection: do I need to explain this? You know what I mean. Maybe I could attack with a swarm of bees or something.

Negative traits:

Total perception: UGH I CANT TURN IT OFF, DISTRACTIONS EVERYWHERE

Random space-out: quick ticket to la-la land.

Allergies: UGH I CANT TURN THIS OFF EITHER. I aint going into that dusty old dungeon, no sir.

Everything hurts: THIS ALSO WONT TURN OFF

Near-sighted: One time, I was in a gas station, right. They had a big standee there, advertising it. Big guy on it. I took a look at it and thought, "Hey, it's Popeye, I dont see that character too often". I got a bit closer and realized that it was, actually, a photo of some professional football player, not cartoon Popeye. Yes, really. As I said, nothing escapes my notice, but that doesnt mean I actually know what I'm looking at if I'm not close enough. I wear glasses for driving.

Cant remember much of anything: duh. Combine this with random space out, and if I used magic, the effect of the spells would be absolutely random due to not remembering what the components were. What's that? I'm NOT supposed to use a cardboard box and a cheese stick? Well that might explain why it summoned a dead unicorn instead of throwing a fireball.

What the heck else was I going to list: yeah I cant remember those either. But there sure was more.

Overall I probably wouldnt be the main protagonist. More of a supporting character. The sort that sets off all the traps, while saying "look just open the bloody door already" or "well duh, we just have to pull that lever" or maybe "come on, how haunted can it really be?" and stuff like that. But dagnabit I'd try my best, unless I didnt feel like it, at which point I wouldnt. I would also do very weird things at random intervals.

There, that's enough.

Someone else's turn now.

I'd like to be one of the security guys who gets killed off in the first scene. Then it would be easy to share and they would not have to watch/read the rest of it.

;)

It's in my name and title.

Misery love the SonicX reference. ;)

Just to add. Future King of a new race of humanoid wolves. All very nice and beautiful. Living in a village. Bordered by green grassy hills, a forest with a small river flowing threw it and, one big mountain. The skies are always blue with white puffy clouds rolling threw it.

Last edited:
Can books be included?

I always wanted to be Ann for The Famous Five books. I like how lady like she was, but courageous and joined in with their adventures.

Or, I would love to have been Anne from Greengables. Huh, funny, that they are both Anns!

Or, even Sherlock Holmes.

Species: human
Alignment: Neutral evil
Class/something: JRPG protagonist swordfighter class. Like fighter or warrior or whatever it's called.

Strength: Slightly above average
Magic/mana/whatever: Depends on whatever the magical capabilities are for the protagonist class. Like for example, if this was Dragon Quest 2, then none.
Intelligence: below average
Wisdom: Very bad
Speed: Average
Endurance: Average
Attention span: Mediocre
Patience: Variable
Confusion: Average

Traits/abilities:

Rage boost: I become super saiyan when made and will destroy everything.

Knows useless trivia: Being able to mention that a Wheel of Fortune episode had 3 minutes that were edited out because Vanna White had a miscarriage will totally save us from being gang raped and murdered by orcs right? RIGHT?????

Negative traits:

Has a tendency to mistake women for men: Self explanatory. It has also happened a lot more times that I would like to admit.

Poor decision making: Everyday it feels like I'm literally drowning in the consequences of all the bad choices I make. These choices define my life and future.

Lack of motivation and laziness: these 2 factors tend to make me become really passive at times when it's bad to be so.

Thrill seeker: It has it's ups and downs but ultimately causes me to be very impulsive.

My role in the story:

My role would probably be as a antihero protagonist akin someone like Deadpool, Dante from the Devil May Cry series, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. However I would differ from these characters by absolutely failing to be stereotypically "badass" and "cool" like the above. Wouldn't stop me from trying too hard though.

Alternatively I could be one of the antagonists, specifically the protagonist's "rival" like Blue from Pokemon, Seifer from Final Fantasy VIII, and Vergil from the Devil May Cry series. Here, I am killed off right in the very middle of the story or near the end of it, either by the protagonist (with or without his party) or by the true antagonist/big bad. If it's the former, my death is just treated as something that had to be done. If the latter happens, my death is presented with a more tragic/sad tinge.

Sadly l feel like Alice in Wonderland. To many queens saying off with my head because l don't conform. And l am stuck in the same level. It's a game loop and l have been re-enacted too many times. The game is boring. This is my real life. Maybe l could just be happy as Ms Pac-man. You don't need to interface with anyone except those little ghostie things. You repeat the same things over. Your goals are simple. And you collect things also.

Sometimes I feel like Mario. Being a juvenile adult and appearing like I’m a blank slate at all times

Also wearing the same outfit constantly

Last edited:
Species: Witch / Mage
Alignment: Likes to think of herself as Chaotic Good but more of a lawful force.
Class: Upper-middle.

Strength: Fairly weak but recovers quickly from a hit (however does little damage to opponents).
Magic: Basic telekinesis and Illusion magic.
Intelligence: Good at coming up with plans in stressful situations. However, she is easily distracted and can miss out on important information as a result.
Wisdom: A decent amount of common sense but poor at consoling others. Limited life experience.
Speed: Fast but can be slowed down due to second-guessing.
Endurance: Mentally resilient somewhat but can wear out fairly easy. Better at strategy.
Attention span: Either too focused or not focused at all.
Patience: Limited.
Confusion: Of course.

Traits / Abilities

Excellent improviser - The ability to think on her feet and find quick solutions.

Imaginative - Ties in with the first.

Heightened senses - Mostly hearing, smell and taste.

Quick to react - A little jumpy as result but can often go directly into action.

Detail-orientated - Can notice small details others might miss (if she's paying attention).

Impressive memory - Limited to particular areas but can come in handy.

Weaknesses / Negative traits

Can't focus - The world is distracting.

Too focused - May forget to take care of herself if she gets too wrapped up in an interest / train of thought.

Allergies - Dust. A couple of food allergies. Sensitive skin.

Foe of numbers - I don't like maths.

Asthmatic - however, I am improving and it looks like I may be recovering to regular breathing if I keep up my progress.

Overwhelmed easily - comes with heightened senses.

Character-type: Probably the mentor NPC, the one the main character visits for a boost in morale and guidance on how the controls work. I'll tell them about each monster type and how to defeat them if they're nice to me.

Last edited:
I would like to be a white mage/healer type, but my character is more of a dark mage i think.

Species: Catgirl
Alignment: Neutral Good, I think
Class: Red Mage (some physical ability, some white magic, some black magic, but not an expert at any of them)

Strength: Slightly below average
Magic: Above average
Intelligence: Above average
Wisdom: Above average
Endurance: Rather below average

Weapon: Light sword
Armor: Cloth, leather

Special Skills: Omniglot (able to speak any language)

Weaknesses
Basically zero social ability
Very little attention span for most things
High focus on the wrong things
Bad guy: *draws his sword* Me: "ooh, shiny!"

Race: Tiefling
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Level 5 Wizard (idk which subclass, though, probably necromancer, blade singer, or conjurer, or illusionist)

Strength: 8 (-1), slightly below average
Dexterity: 13 (+1), slightly above average
Constitution: 14 (+2), above average
Intelligence: 16 (+3), a good amount above average
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 7 (-2)

Hit points: 30 (I cast spells from the back, lol)
Hit Dice: 5d6
Armor Class: 11 (or 14 with mage armor)
Weapon(s): two daggers, a light crossbow (with 20 bolts currently on person), and a rapier.

Features: Infernal legacy, Hellish Resistance (halves incoming fire damage), spellcasting, arcane recovery (I can regain a certain number of spell slots during a short rest), arcane tradition feature(s),

Infernal Legacy Spells (Save DC 9, relies on Charisma to cast)
At-will: Thaumaturgy
1/day each: hellish rebuke, darkness.

Wizard spellcasting (Save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks, uses intelligence ability)
Cantrips (at will): Chill Touch, Fire Bolt, Minor Illusion, Ray of Frost
1st Level (4 slots): Burning Hands, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Witch Bolt
2nd Level (3 slots): Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray
3rd Level (2 slots): Animate Dead, Fireball, Vampiric Touch

I'm probably not very optimized.

New Threads

Top Bottom