• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you went back time?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
If you went back time, what would you do differently?

For me, I would have to change to the time when I was back in year 7 in school back to when I was a new kid and I felt like I was welcome and also having alot of fun before a few things went wrong in my life and also to go back to the times to fix my mistakes that I have made in the past (which I would rather not mention).

So yea, what would you do differently?

I would go back to Year 9 and stand up to those girls, to show them I am not a pushover any more. Still, at least I've learned a lesson.

I'd go back with just enough time to make a large bet on a horesrace where I know a longshot is going to win.

Instead of being ashamed of my weirdness I would embrace and explore my aspie-ness and expect mutual respect in my relationships. :)

I would go back in time and try to develop better social skills at an earlier age.

I would turn back to the time when i never had any depression and be a happy girl like i used to be.

I would turn back to the time when i never had any depression and be a happy girl like i used to be.
Do things that you are happy with most and focus on the positive things that has happened in your life.
Do you hang out with alot of negative people?

No point thinking about going back in time, sorry! Sure, there's some things I could change but mostly it's far from obvious to me what I could have done differently. I don't remember actually being ashamed of who I am, mostly but I don't exactly understand the 'accept yourself as you are' alternative, personally. Until or unless there is a way to go back in time, I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it, anyway. No flaming, insulting or offending intended (though the forum rules don't say anything about not doing those deliberately, just about not doing them, like I do, in any practical sense, understand them, which I don't &, naturally, they can't be explained & I'm not really allowed to ask)

I'd probably party a lot harder and in result be more messed up than I am now.

No, but in all seriousness... I might slip in the occaisional "heads-up" in situation from the past, where I'd make the people that mattered to me at that time, more aware of "my situation". Mind you, I'm not saying I'm living my life with regret and am dwelling on the past... the way my life has taken shape now, is probably different from what I envisioned years ago, but it's not worth getting mad or depressed about.

However, I sometimes wonder with the entire "what if..." scenarios (given I take a lot of interest in time travel fiction and alternate timelines anyway). In the past I was in a relationship and my (then) gf thought I was being really difficult to deal with, she did put up with me for years but after a long run we decided it didn't work out. So, what if I said, and knew that "hey, it's not that I want to be difficult, but I have this thing... it makes it kinda hard for you, I'll try to make it easy, so don't take it too personal"... that just gets me to think "nah... she prolly just bailed anyway because she wasn't up for any effort either way". Also, I ended up at a therapist because of a job... would I not ended up there, if I got a different job? I don't know... I might just as well end up there for other reasons, or for a different reason that I thought I ended up there. I mean, I think I ended up there because of the entire company policy, co-workers and stuff like that... what if I ended up there, actually, because I don't have a genuine "work-ethic"... it would land me at the same spot, only with a different experience. Time travel would be cool that way because you could try out alternate routes and learn more about yourself. It's just quite bothersome, that you do age even if you timetravel. I mean... even if you travel back a week in time, you're still dying at some age, and not some date.

I would have tried harder to attend school and make friendships. How about being able to go back with my current knowledge of Aspergers and social skills that I have recently developed? That would be interesting.

I am also one of those people that thinks about the past a lot and the "what if..." scenario. I have to say though, that in the last couple of years I think things have taken a turn for the better and I am starting to develop social skills, friendships and a better understanding of who I am and the people around me.

I would go to the FBI Academy and become an agent.

That, or I would become an Intelligence Officer in the U.S Air Force.

It is a bit late for either of those so now I work with computers and take one day at a time, trying to enjoy life and hopefully understand myself better over time.

I try to eat well, play with my cats and enjoy sleeping. Pretty exciting, eh? LOL.

I enjoy my work, testing video games for a great company. I try to enjoy life. THAT is very hard at times.

I would start over and know everything.

I would have also saved a lot of stress if I only realized I didn't have to worry about other people.

Such is life.

i would go back to 1995 and travel to the farm where louie the wonder dog was being kept , as a puppy, to snatch him and save him from 5 years of abuse by the #*@#%$^&* @#%^&*$%^#* who were going to use him as a bait dog. and the other dogs also.

to go back to sept 10, 2001 would be useless, the govt. had already ignored pleas from some agents who knew guys were training to crash planes. to hear it from someone who said he knew what was going to happen because he was from the future would simply mean said time traveller would be locked away.nothing would be changed.

on a selfish level, go waaaaay back and befriend weirdo little guy who starts microsoft by saying, sure i have some money to help start a new company.

If I could turn back time I'd simply repeat my mistakes, cos I wouldn't know any better. :D
But seriously, if I knew what I know now, I would avoid most of those mistakes. :p
Okay, yes, I'm pedantic, I'll admit it. ;)

That's interesting... when I was a kid I wanted to go back and forward in different times and interact with myself at different ages... but... I've been through a lot of crap in my life but I believe it was all a part of a puzzle, part of my path... If I was able to go back and just for fun to see what would be the consequences, then sure, why not. I would have a blast with it :)

I would go back in time and take advantages of all the opportunities that I gave up on because I was too scared to pursue them. But I just know that I will still have regrets and will be depressed about it no matter how hard I try.

New Threads

Top Bottom