• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you get to Heaven what are somethings you would like to do there.

Im restraining myself because i could easily list over fifty things. This is for all of you so go ahead.
You might start to understand there is a theme with me !everything centres around wanting to sleep !Talk to Jesus after I sleep ,see my mother after I sleep ,happy if animals come beside me as long as they don’t !wake me !up I want to sleep!!!

In the afterlife, l would love to watch the sunrise with a huge cup of coffee and a book l can't put down with a special someone who l want always want by my side.

I want to take care of the animals there - the grizzly bears, the lions lying next to the sheep, and so on, while overlooking a beautiful mountain landscape.

When you "go home" (die), you transcend from being mortal and everything that mentally and physically goes with it, to again being in your natural state as an eternal being. Once I'm myself again, apart from wanting to reconnect to all those I left behind in this particular life, chances are I want to reconnect as well with those from all my prior lifetimes as well as those I may have known literally for an eternity. And there's always the possibility that I may want- or need to resume regarding non-mortal functions required of me by a higher power.

Things reflecting structure and a hierarchy that I'm present unable to comment on as a mere mortal. Otherwise such speculation is likely to be incomplete or inaccurate.

In other words, ask me when I'm on "the other side". ;)

That must be an amazing transition, where suddenly your consciousness goes from the confines of a single lifetime, to that of many lifetimes. But then once on the other side, we're so much more than what we are as mere mortals. :cool:

Last edited:
I don’t believe in heaven, but if there is a heaven, I’d spend most of my time drinking cocktails and eating delicious food without getting fat. And I’d hang out with all my cats that have died in the past.

Swim in clear warm water.
Run without fatigue.
Share delicious meals with all the trees, birds and animals.
Hug my loved ones, especially at first those I haven’t seen for awhile.
Explore trails, beaches, hilltops & oceans.
Enjoy the Light.

The way Heaven has been taught to me is this:

In Heaven each soul that makes it there is rewarded by witnessing the "Beatific Vision". Meaning, you're in the presence of God and you "see" God. The teaching goes that being in the presence of God is a bliss that our human minds can't even begin to grasp and a bliss that's so overwhelming that the heavenly souls desire nothing other than to glorify and praise God for eternity. Apparently then souls in Heaven don't desire care a lick about things that we think would be fun or meaningful to do in Heaven.

That's hard for me to grasp or visualize because I picture countless spirits dressed in white gowns packed in like sardines all facing forward as if God's on stage and the souls stand for eternity shouting their praise and doing nothing else literally for eternity. Given my feeble human mind, if that's what it's like that does not sound fun to me.

Instead, what would I like to do there? Things that would give me pleasure and since I'd have eternity to do so, I'd like to:

• Watch my life minute by minute like it was a film and with the interest similar to watching the most epic movie. I'd like to enter certain scenes in my life and watch as an observer as if I was there again.
  • I'd like to meet all of my past ancestors and watch their lives in detail.
  • I'd like to explore the universe or utilize some sort of simulation means like the holodeck in Star Trek TNG.
Sadly all of those things above have to do with me rather than eternally glorifying God or being captivated only by the beatific vision so maybe I'm screwed?

I would be content with feeling a sense of purpose and feeling like I am a a part of something healthy that is larger than myself.

I'd build a house, build a garden, and live happily forever, free of anxiety and worry as well as being close to loved ones.

Unfortunately, we don't go to Heaven when we die. This is a common mistake that is believed by worshippers of God our Father.

Let me quote a phrase from the Holy Bible, "The disciples are afraid of returning to Judea, but Jesus says: "Our friend Lazarus is asleep, but I am going to awaken him." when the apostles misunderstand, he clarifies, "Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe.""

The key word in that quote was 'asleep'. Jesus Christ stated that Lazarus is dead but He was going to wake him. This then makes sense that we do not go to Heaven when we die. We basically enter a sleep like state until Jesus Christ returns to Earth to judge everyone who has ever lived.

It is nice to think we go to Heaven. Now some of you may say, "Well, why did He say he is going to Heaven to prepare a place for us?" Now, I'm not entirely sure what to say to this except maybe He was referring that He was going to Heaven to prepare a place for us in the new world? Maybe He is currently building the new world as we live and breathe? Just a thought.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just wanted you to be aware of what is most likely true. :)

I'd build a house, build a garden, and live happily forever, free of anxiety and worry as well as being close to loved ones.

Unfortunately, we don't go to Heaven when we die. This is a common mistake that is believed by worshippers of God our Father.

Let me quote a phrase from the Holy Bible, "The disciples are afraid of returning to Judea, but Jesus says: "Our friend Lazarus is asleep, but I am going to awaken him." when the apostles misunderstand, he clarifies, "Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe.""

The key word in that quote was 'asleep'. Jesus Christ stated that Lazarus is dead but He was going to wake him. This then makes sense that we do not go to Heaven when we die. We basically enter a sleep like state until Jesus Christ returns to Earth to judge everyone who has ever lived.

It is nice to think we go to Heaven. Now some of you may say, "Well, why did He say he is going to Heaven to prepare a place for us?" Now, I'm not entirely sure what to say to this except maybe He was referring that He was going to Heaven to prepare a place for us in the new world? Maybe He is currently building the new world as we live and breathe? Just a thought.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just wanted you to be aware of what is most likely true. :)
Strange I didn't know that all the people who died went to heaven and came back. disagree with you

Just rest. Just rest in the arms of my Savior. And just sit and be content. My biggest dream is that the people I love will be there too.

I don't believe I'm going to heaven, but suppose I did, I would most look forward to not being in pain and tired all the time. Human body hurts.

I read a Time magazine article about this subject.

What Jesus Really Said About Heaven and Hell

"There are over two billion Christians in the world, the vast majority of whom believe in heaven and hell. You die and your soul goes either to everlasting bliss or torment (or purgatory en route). This is true even in the land of increasing “nones”: Americans continue to anticipate a version of the alternatives portrayed in The Good Place: regardless of religious persuasion, 72% believe in a literal heaven, 58% in a literal hell.

The vast majority of these people naturally assume this is what Jesus himself taught. But that is not true. Neither Jesus, nor the Hebrew Bible he interpreted, endorsed the view that departed souls go to paradise or everlasting pain."

"There are over two billion Christians in the world, the vast majority of whom believe in heaven and hell. You die and your soul goes either to everlasting bliss or torment (or purgatory en route). This is true even in the land of increasing “nones”: Americans continue to anticipate a version of the alternatives portrayed in The Good Place: regardless of religious persuasion, 72% believe in a literal heaven, 58% in a literal hell.

The vast majority of these people naturally assume this is what Jesus himself taught. But that is not true. Neither Jesus, nor the Hebrew Bible he interpreted, endorsed the view that departed souls go to paradise or everlasting pain."

From Luke 23 (NKJV):
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

Last edited:

From Matthew 7 (NKJV):
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

New Threads

Top Bottom