• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If the 'Superman vs. Spiderman' comic got an animated movie adaption, what would you like to see?

AGXStarseed

UPDATE: Since a lot of you guys are mistakenly getting the idea that this asking who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Superman, let me clarify:
I'm saying if this comic got an animated movie adaption, what would you like to see done differently from the comic?

---

For those of you who aren't big fans of Marvel and/or DC comics, there was actually an official comic-book crossover between Superman and Spiderman back in the 1970's to coincide with Spiderman getting a live-action TV show and the 1978 "Superman" movie with Christopher Reeves getting made.
It was the first time both Marvel and DC had done a crossover of their superhero universes and while the pair would have a few more over the years (most notably JLA vs. Avengers), this comic is one of the most famous and recognized.
Here's the comic cover:

9rc3D28.jpg

In the years since, both Marvel and DC have gotten into animation with both TV shows based on their various characters as well as creating animated movies which are either original products or based off some of their more famous stories with minor or major changes.
An example for Marvel is Planet Hulk (2010) - based off the comic of the same name:

An example for DC is Superman vs. The Elite (2012) - based on the comic "What's so funny about Truth, Justice and the American way?"

If Marvel and DC actually collaborated to bring this original crossover story to life as an animated movie (unlikely considering both companies' history and the historical rivalry of Disney and Warner Bros. but I wouldn't say completely impossible), what would you like to keep the same and what would you want to see changed?

For those who haven't read the comic and would like to comment, here's a (spoiler-filled) review of the comic by Linkara:

I've got some ideas of my own:
  • Since this story takes place on a version of Earth where both Marvel/DC universes exist together (Crossover Earth/Earth-7642), show a more 'integrated' version of Earth.
  • Include references/cameos to other Marvel/DC crossover stories and also to other crossovers such as Transformers, Witchblade, Shi, WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13. For example, have Spiderman swinging through New York and pass a lorry that has the same design as Optimus Prime.
  • Take out some of the goofier elements - like Spiderman wearing 'web-skis' so Superman can pull him around to travel and the parts with the Masai Warriors.
  • Rather then just having Lex Luthor and Doctor Octopus as the main villains, include the rest of the Sinister Six (Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter) and the Superman Revenge Squad (Maxima, Barrage, Anomaly, Misa, Riot, Baud, Parasite and Rock), so Spidey and Supes will have old and new villains to fight.
  • Make Lois Lane and Mary Jane more competent; while this is a story that has both of them getting kidnapped, we can still see them been useful before and after. Considering the fact that Lois and Mary Jane both have combat training and are capable of using various weapons (Lois from her military father and the Special Crimes Unit, Mary Jane from several trainers including Captain America), it would be cool to see them escape by themselves and actually take down some of their captors.

What would you guys do?

Last edited:
I happen to be a DC fan while my husband prefers marvel so any overlap is always interesting for us. However I have to admit that superman is one of my least favorite DC heros so I would prefer to see any other DC heros included. Such as Batman, Green Arrow, Flash. A Green Arrow and Hawkeye interaction.

Really just additional heroes beyond the two of them.

Supermans supersonic speed, vastly greater strength and stamina, heat beams, freeze breath and flight. Spiderman's gonna last all of a few seconds at most, not much of a film. Spiderman vs batman might be a little more interesting, spiderman will still lose though.

Superman would win hands down, he can fly, Spiderman can't.

In the comic, the villains give Spiderman an edge by shooting red sun radiation at him, which allows him to match Superman for some time before it eventually wears off.

Last edited:
Supermans supersonic speed, vastly greater strength and stamina, heat beams, freeze breath and flight. Spiderman's gonna last all of a few seconds at most, not much of a film. Spiderman vs batman might be a little more interesting, spiderman will still lose though.

The film would be based off the comic, of which the fight between them didn't actually take up much of the book - with the pair working together for most of the story. I think they just put 'vs' in the title to draw in the comic fans more.

I wanna see spidie swinging around metropolis and all of a sudden superman soars at full speed towards him feet first and squishes spidie like a bug on the pavement... Teehehehe then deadpool comes along and does a sexy dance over spidie's remains. :p

I wanna see spidie swinging around metropolis and all of a sudden superman soars at full speed towards him feet first and squishes spidie like a bug on the pavement... Teehehehe then deadpool comes along and does a sexy dance over spidie's remains. :p

It'd be funny if at the end of the movie, the camera pulls back to show Deadpool and Deathstroke have been watching in a cinema, to which Deadpool asks Deathstroke if he thinks they'll ever get their own crossover.

For those of you who aren't big fans of Marvel and/or DC comics, there was actually an official comic-book crossover between Superman and Spiderman back in the 1970's to coincide with Spiderman getting a live-action TV show and the 1978 "Superman" movie with Christopher Reeves getting made.
It was the first time both Marvel and DC had done a crossover of their superhero universes and while the pair would have a few more over the years (most notably JLA vs. Avengers), this comic is one of the most famous and recognized.
Here's the comic cover:

9rc3D28.jpg

In the years since, both Marvel and DC have gotten into animation with both TV shows based on their various characters as well as creating animated movies which are either original products or based off some of their more famous stories with minor or major changes.
An example for Marvel is Planet Hulk (2010) - based off the comic of the same name:

An example for DC is Superman vs. The Elite (2012) - based on the comic "What's so funny about Truth, Justice and the American way?"

If Marvel and DC actually collaborated to bring this original crossover story to life as an animated movie (unlikely considering both companies' history and the historical rivalry of Disney and Warner Bros. but I wouldn't say completely impossible), what would you like to keep the same and what would you want to see changed?

For those who haven't read the comic and would like to comment, here's a (spoiler-filled) review of the comic by Linkara:

I've got some ideas of my own:
  • Since this story takes place on a version of Earth where both Marvel/DC universes exist together (Crossover Earth/Earth-7642), show a more 'integrated' version of Earth.
  • Include references/cameos to other Marvel/DC crossover stories and also to other crossovers such as Transformers, Witchblade, Shi, WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13. For example, have Spiderman swinging through New York and pass a lorry that has the same design as Optimus Prime.
  • Take out some of the goofier elements - like Spiderman wearing 'web-skis' so Superman can pull him around to travel and the parts with the Masai Warriors.
  • Rather then just having Lex Luthor and Doctor Octopus as the main villains, include the rest of the Sinister Six (Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter) and the Superman Revenge Squad (Maxima, Barrage, Anomaly, Misa, Riot, Baud, Parasite and Rock), so Spidey and Supes will have old and new villains to fight.
  • Make Lois Lane and Mary Jane more competent; while this is a story that has both of them getting kidnapped, we can still see them been useful before and after. Considering the fact that Lois and Mary Jane both have combat training and are capable of using various weapons (Lois from her military father and the Special Crimes Unit, Mary Jane from several trainers including Captain America), it would be cool to see them escape by themselves and actually take down some of their captors.

What would you guys do?
I would like to see the amazing spider man win because i was always liked the amzing spider man his costume looks cool and his theme song is cool :)

I'd rather see the two of them depicted in 2009 in an unemployment line, haggling with bureaucrats. When crime-fighting simply didn't pay when it needed to the most. :p

And while standing in line together they get to know and appreciate each other and accept their new line of work, whatever that may be, in accordance with their true talents that doesn't include crime fighting.

Though hopefully Spiderman doesn't become a plumber. All those webs...he could inadvertently stop up any drain. Just make sure that Superman isn't moonlighting on another planet, where earthly bureaucrats are forced to cut off his benefits as a former crime fighter. You know...real human-interest stuff. :D

After all, didn't Mitt Romney say that even superheroes are "people" too? :oops:

Maybe have Quentin Tarantino write the script with some earthy dialog, provided he's cool with an animated feature of those who uphold the law rather than those who break it. :cool:

Last edited:
I would like to see the amazing spider man win because i was always liked the amzing spider man his costume looks cool and his theme song is cool :)

Superman would win hands down, he can fly, Spiderman can't.

Not if the radioactive spider that bit Spiderman included red sun radiation...!
nerd_orig.gif

Or if Spiderman carried a piece of kryptonite around with him like Batman does. They had Batman vs. Superman and Batman doesn't even have any powers.

UPDATE: Since a lot of you guys are mistakenly getting the idea that this asking who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Superman, let me clarify:
I'm saying if this comic got an animated movie adaption, what would you like to see done differently from the comic? (hence the video review)

I'm saying if this comic got an animated movie adaption, what would you like to see done differently from the comic? (hence the video review)

Ironic to think that if the two were so prone to fighting each other, they wouldn't likely make very good superheroes in the most fundamental sense as crime fighters.

Leave such questions to Batman or the Green Hornet to blur those particular lines. ;)

I hear ya Wyatt. Ok, you disagree. That I get. :D

I'd rather see the two of them depicted in 2009 in an unemployment line, haggling with bureaucrats. When crime-fighting simply didn't pay when it needed to the most. :p

As opposed to today, where they would start up a blog together because there are no journalism jobs anymore. :D

Do you remember if you enjoyed it or not?
I usually only remember things if they are/were novel or offensive. I can tell you it was neither.

I didn't really like Superman (or other neo-mythicals), but I like Spiderman.

Neo-mythicals would include:
  • Mythical "deities" brought into contemporary comic book universes (like Thor, Hercules, etc.),
  • Characters endowed with powers from such (like Wonder Woman & SHAZAM), and
  • Characters with Olympian-level power sets (like Superman & Black Bolt). I make an exception for The Flash.
They are over-powered and rarely in jeopardy. And they don't seem to be bound by the laws of physics.

Neo-mysticals:
  • Straight magicians (like Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, etc.),
  • Pseudo-magicians (like Phoenix & Scarlet Witch),
  • Talismanic heroes (like golden-age Green Lantern, etc.),
  • Pseudo-talismanic (like silver-age GL), and
  • Excessive self-healing powers.
These characters have the same drawbacks as the above.

My favorite types of heroes are:
  • the omnicompetent wo/man (Doc Savage, Batman, Green Arrow, James Bond, etc.),
  • the technically-enhanced wo/man (Iron Man, Six Million Dollar Man, etc.),
  • the genetically-modified wo/man (Capt. America, Spiderman, Daredevil, etc.), and
  • mortal mutants/aliens (human[oid]s with something extra).

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom