• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If I get offered that job I'm interviewing for next week, would I have to inform the Job Centre?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I know I might not, as the shift based nature of the work might not be suitable, although I'm going in next week with a positive outlook, but if I do get an offer, because I'm on ESA and would get sanctioned if I worked without declaring it and could potentially lose everything, especially in the current UK climate that the government are looking for ways to legally sanction the pants off everybody they can, and I for one don't want to give certain politicians the satisfaction of seeing a guy like me destitute or living in some poky 1 bed Flat on a dodgy estate because it's all I can afford.

So anyway, pending the outcome of the interview, should I book a meeting with the local Job Centre advisers?

If you get the job you will have to advise them of your start date once you know it. You don't need to tell them anything until you get that date. Your ESA will stop or be reduced (depending on what you'll be earning) from that date.

Last edited:
NEVER give any bureaucracy more information than they're entitled to by law. If you get the job, then you are obligated to do so. Until then, don't do anything that might prematurely put you on their radar.

@Judge is correct. Don't even tell them that you're making any kind of effort towards getting a job. Once you land the job and start it, then let them know.

New Threads

Top Bottom