• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Idiots on Facebook who just "like" my posts instead of responding or trying to help!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

It does get rather annoying, last night I did a post asking if anyone knows the phone number for the Chinese Karaoke Restaurant in Town, as the number I looked up on Google last week doesn't work, and 2 guys just "liked" my post without even trying to help! Why bother?

Unlike some people on there I have a life beyond social media in general, even though I've recently gone back to using my Twitter account a bit more often.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

No, because I don't post anything on Facebook. But I agree that it doesn't make sense to 'like' a question, unless the people who 'liked' it did so because they were also wanting to know the answer to your question? I don't think it happens just on FB, I think that it could happen on any forum or platform with a 'like' button, I'm sure it happens on this one sometimes, too.

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Facebook is a closed book in my life that I really never intend to reopen...

Cool for people who like it, and worship the FB Lifestyle... or social media of any type...
I don't fit in, and that was made all to clear... It was just like highschool for adults.
I don't care about someone posting pics of their new $500K house, or their new next divorce that will cost them that 500K house and more... Or the vacations in Fiji wining and dining with the next level of rich and famous, and then finding out they never went and are in Bankruptcy court...

To me its for very ego centered people who have to play games of ONE UP on a 24/7 basis AND I also know it's not always that way at all... I'm just the jerk that notices so much of the BS I guess...

I wish they would just post more of the REAL stuff (and I know some do)... Just my little rant sorry

It's very obvious I am in a micro minority on the people who don't care for FB... so I'm not trying to start anything... Just being my ultra literal idiot self at the moment. : )

It does annoy me a little bit, when I get likes, instead of comments, but I think that the likes is more to do with: glad you asked, because I would like to know the answer to that myself.

Have you considered that a lack of response may be because you can occasionally be less than friendly towards people trying to be helpful, @Rich Allen ?

Someone of Facebook wrote to me "happy mother's day" in a private message, and I can't understand this because:
1.This person rarely even talks to me.
2. I'm not a mother, so it's irrelevant to me
3. I don't celebrate mothers day, or any commercial celebration. It's a very sad society indeed if people feel that they have to have a special day to remember their mothers!

Can private messages be sent out on FB en masse, to many recipients at a time?

I wrote back, "I don't celebrate mother's day, but thank you anyway".

Someone of Facebook wrote to me "happy mother's day" in a private message, and I can't understand this because:
1.This person rarely even talks to me.
2. I'm not a mother, so it's irrelevant to me
3. I don't celebrate mothers day, or any commercial celebration. It's a very sad society indeed if people feel that they have to have a special day to remember their mothers!

Can private messages be sent out on FB en masse, to many recipients at a time?

I wrote back, "I don't celebrate mother's day, but thank you anyway".

It seems to be a built in default or habit for people and they do it without even thinking.

I am blessed, because I only have those of my faith in my contacts and if one did wish me any form of happy etc etcs, other than what we do celebrate once a year ie the memorial of Jesus, I would have to question their authencity, but no one has.

Topic.

It does get rather annoying, last night I did a post asking if anyone knows the phone number for the Chinese Karaoke Restaurant in Town, as the number I looked up on Google last week doesn't work, and 2 guys just "liked" my post without even trying to help! Why bother?

Unlike some people on there I have a life beyond social media in general, even though I've recently gone back to using my Twitter account a bit more often.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

It always pissed me off when people "like" bad news. Happily, I am 4 months free of Facebook. Hoorah!

Facebook is a closed book in my life that I really never intend to reopen...

Cool for people who like it, and worship the FB Lifestyle... or social media of any type...
I don't fit in, and that was made all to clear... It was just like highschool for adults.
I don't care about someone posting pics of their new $500K house, or their new next divorce that will cost them that 500K house and more... Or the vacations in Fiji wining and dining with the next level of rich and famous, and then finding out they never went and are in Bankruptcy court...

To me its for very ego centered people who have to play games of ONE UP on a 24/7 basis AND I also know it's not always that way at all... I'm just the jerk that notices so much of the BS I guess...

I wish they would just post more of the REAL stuff (and I know some do)... Just my little rant sorry

It's very obvious I am in a micro minority on the people who don't care for FB... so I'm not trying to start anything... Just being my ultra literal idiot self at the moment. : )

Love it :D

I barely share much about my personal life in real time,

I figured it was called “personal life” because it’s personal?

The world did not need to know what I ate for my breakfast or the brand of the trousers I wore?

I found that people didn’t inform their friends and family and followers about what I’d term ‘everyday normality’
The lows, the mistakes, the embarrassment. The real stuff.

All a bit too perfect for me.
One site I really liked when it first came out on FB was Whinging Old Bastards.
The best therapy I’ve ever had. :)
No holes barred, straight up, honest opinion.
Like travelling back to the 1950’s (no p.c)

I’m guessing it will have evolved into something else by now, it was always being reported :)

New Threads

Top Bottom