• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ice fog season

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
Ah yes, it's that time of year again! Happy holidays, have a broken hip!

Ice fog happens when there is fog, so high humidity, but freezing temperatures near ground level. The best part about it is that the mud gets all frozen outside, so no more mud to slog thru or track in to the cave.

Ice on the ground, like frost, temps in the high thirties, and visibility at about forty feet. Its slick as anything out there too.

This the season, buy a bag of sand! Sprinkling a bit of sand on steps and walks could prevent a nasty injury. I had an adventure, one time, from a fall, I woke up a while later, hands almost too cold to use a doorkey.

Be careful out there! Ask for help! Be supportive! Buy sand!

Last edited:
Do you have YakTrax for your boots? Be careful out there!

Last year at the first ice, I took my electric wheelchair out and my daughter knelt on her sled while holding on to the back of the wheelchair. I did donuts in the parking lot and fishtailed all over the place (it goes 4.5 mph). It was so funny to hear her scream from behind me. A great memory for sure!

Random Winter tip: Wipe/spray food-grade silicone spray on your vehicle wheel wells, undersides, wheels, tires, and bumper-mounted sonar sensors, door openings, etc. to keep snow and ice from sticking and building up. Interestingly, automotive-grade silicone spray contains petroleum-based distillates that can, over time, damage paint, protective paint coatings, and rubber parts.

Does this warm you up nicely? :) About -20 Celcius when I took this on Sunday morning...

Harvie Passage 01.jpg

@Fino I'm not a big fan of this planet either.

I don't know where I would call the perfect place to live and I've lived in all climates.
A large sea fog rolled in tonight at dusk. I think it is pretty and a bit eerie at the same time.
We are having a cold wave here at 65 degrees F. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom