• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was a brat

LiberationBattle

The internet was a difficult place for me. In my youth (I’m 28 now), I didn’t know why I was acting like a complete a-hole, but it was my disease. It took me years to accept the fact that people could have drastically different opinions - gosh, really? Instead of dealing with my problems, I would blame them on others. Not cool, so now I’m making a huge amends.
I’ve learned a ton in the passing years. I am now a proud 12 Step supporter and eligible Sponsor for Dual Recovery Anonymous. I’ve helped spread word of the program Internationally over Zoom, and I have a long way still to go.

Fun things I enjoy:
Acrylic Painting
Japanese Music and Anime (I have finished 200+ shows)
Space Opera (Alastair Reynolds)
The God Eater video game series​
I am a veteran Pathfinder Dungeons Master and am always itching to imagine new worlds! You don’t have to be a veteran player to approach me, I am willing to teach!

It was odd but I went thru maturing process in life, but when I got on the internet later in life found I had to go thru the process all over again. Painfull at times. Good on you for making it thru.

I was socially immature until about 28, then my life went through a major shift and things fell into place. Getting along at work required a few more years of practice, though.

Took being in a beautiful friendship for me to mature. It forced me to step back and take a look at myself and how l presented despite my odds of strangeness around me. This person made me step out of myself and l embraced them. And they accepted my embrace. Happy story filled with success.

For me, maturity has been a perpetual evolution. I'm now 69 and still in the process of maturing. I guess it's never over till it's over.

Understanding that the world is something we share with others who are very different from us and have every right to be so is extremely valuable. Understanding that we are often the authors of our own problems is priceless.

Understanding that we are often the authors of our own problems is priceless.

Yes, but getting to that conclusion can be a long and arduous journey. It took me over 30 years to get to that point and it wasn't so much that I was defiant but rather I couldn't see it from another perspective.

I was socially immature, inept and annoying into my 20s. Past that I started becoming more of a hermit so there were less opportunities for bad social experiences. I didn't start interacting on the internet until my mind/late 30s. It took time for me to get it right more or less in that arena too.

Yes, but getting to that conclusion can be a long and arduous journey. It took me over 30 years to get to that point and it wasn't so much that I was defiant but rather I couldn't see it from another perspective.
I've had plenty of time to come to that conclusion.

The most important step is to abandon the whole idea of blame and fault. Once you have done that, you can accept the past and lose the hate and bitterness. Not your fault, not their fault, just a bad combination of incompatible people. Time to move on.

New Threads

Top Bottom