• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Want to Join Youth Group at a New Church, But I'm a Bit Nervous...

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I wanna join the youth group at a church I started going to about a month ago, but I'm nervous about doing so. IDK how to join without being overwhelmed. I don't know any of the kids who go there, so I don't know if they'll like me or not, and I'm nervous about doing something stupid. It's also run by a church that's larger than the one I used to go to, so there's at least double the amount of people than I'm used to. Do you have any thoughts?

What is involved in joining?
What does a person have to do?

Is there more to joining than just showing up?
A ceremony?
Or what?

Have you been attending youth group activities?
Or just aware that there is a youth group and you haven't been to any activities?

What is involved in joining?
What does a person have to do?

Is there more to joining than just showing up?
A ceremony?
Or what?

Have you been attending youth group activities?
Or just aware that there is a youth group and you haven't been to any activities?
You just have to sign up, and you're in. I'm just worried about actually going to it for the reasons I previously mentioned.

Do you have to sign up before you can attend?
Or can you preview?

The way to do that.....is to start.

I have been in this position.
Going to a place where I knew no one.

I didn't know anybody in the whole church.
But I went in.

The hardest part is getting yourself to go. Go check it out and see how everyone responds to you. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

The way to do that.....is to start.

I have been in this position.
Going to a place where I knew no one.

I didn't know anybody in the whole church.
But I went in.

The hardest part is getting yourself to go. Go check it out and see how everyone responds to you. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.
Thank you two for your help and kind advice. I'll most certainly gather up the courage to try.

I thought you might be interested in how it worked out that first day.

I said to one of the women that people seemed so familiar, as if we'd
known each other before, and she said "That's the way it is, in the Spirit."

So it was more like a gathering of friends than meeting strangers.

I've been to a few church events and people were usually nice and accepting. At work or school people a lot of people don't want to be there and are more us vs them cliquish. Since these groups are electives for fun and fellowship, people who don't want to be there don't have to go and those who chose to go are more likely to be friendly, in hopes that people will be friendly to them too.

New Threads

Top Bottom