• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want a party at my house

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
And my idea of a party involves several people playing board or video games while sipping Dr Pepper, munching on wings and being friendly towards each other.

That used to be a regular occurrence at my place. Now the world situation has had to screw that up.

That sounds like a really great idea. Would be nice to do something similar.
I miss those days, remember the weekend LAN parties in the garage. By Sunday afternoon the smell of the toilet is the least of the problems.
Usually end up with someone not speaking to someone else and the inevitable tenter tantrum that could cook a house with.

By the current rules of Alberta you can do that party if it's only a small group of people, so it depends on where you live

I've been saying, since the beginning of lockdown, I have a feeling that somewhere, the in-crowd is having 1920's Speakeasy-style secret raves. Like real super-spreader events on a massive scale. But we're not cool enough to know about it.

Now that you mention it, I was invited to one last night, my friend wanted no social media posting about it, I did go... I'm the guy who never dances, takes lots of photos, and is known for wearing my cowboy hat to the event when most of the music is very urban and hip hop... :) Here is thread from last night I posted... A great night out...

Is there a way to do that virtually? Bring your own wings... an 'Adapt and Survive' party? We live in strange times.

Not quite the same as having the face to face contact, even if physical contact is minimal. Plus the wings I make are the bomb, and I want to share them with my friends.

Ah, that takes me back to weekly D&D sessions at my place. Tea and biscuits to start with, beer and peanuts in the afternoon, then ending the day with a big meal. I miss those.

With holiday season upon us I look to getting together with close friends. Sometimes we show slides of trips (ocassionally with my 3-D projector and slides) and generally just talking.

I am hoping for snow so we all can enjoy a snowshoe hike on my property and then have Italian beef sandwiches (My spouse makes by far the best Italian beef). With provolone on a roll, mmmmmmmmm . . . I rarely have leftovers to enjoy. These close friends I made through outdoor activities and what better way to celebrate than to have a hike on the first day of the new year. Oh yes, I need to find some Aquavit to enjoy back in from the cold.

I guess this will be another Friday night of binge watching horror movies by myself. I can’t talk most of my friends into watching horror movies with me anyway - they are not fans of gratuitously gory special effects work.

I guess this will be another Friday night of binge watching horror movies by myself. I can’t talk most of my friends into watching horror movies with me anyway - they are not fans of gratuitously gory special effects work.

I feel your pain. There’s a lot of media I want to share with friends and they tend to be uninterested.

My mother and stepfather watch crime dramas that are literally just constant scenes of people screaming and getting kidnapped, mugged, beaten, tortured, r-worded, and murdered but they look down on horror movies. I find that to be odd.

I feel your pain. There’s a lot of media I want to share with friends and they tend to be uninterested.

My mother and stepfather watch crime dramas that are literally just constant scenes of people screaming and getting kidnapped, mugged, beaten, tortured, r-worded, and murdered but they look down on horror movies. I find that to be odd.

Yeah. I own the uncut BluRay of A Serbian Film, and the uncut DVDs of the August Underground trilogy. I think that most suburban people would run very far away from those films.

New Threads

Top Bottom