• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I wear out people sometimes

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
:rolleyes:

Today out with a friend of mine, for a brief out of town road trip, not all that far really, we are both amateur photographers... We left at about 9:30 in the morning, mostly driving and a little walking, not even going that far, by 2 PM he told he was getting tired and wanted to head back... Heck I was just starting, there was still almost three hours of daylight left

In his case he is overweight and a heavy smoker, and just told me today that he has a mental illness, I've only known him for a year or so... One previous time he lasted about two hours on a downtown photo walk before packing it in... I typically last for at least five hours when I go out

Beyond just him, I have had several past situations when with other people doing photography where I outlast them... In some cases they can depart and I can keep doing it, other times when traveling together I have to cut my session short

Throughout my life I have generally had strong stamina, and I often don't even recognize, doesn't everyone do that? :D

Yes I would agree, although I might not want to stay out with another person that long, especially if they were flagging but honestly, whatever they were like, unless I knew them really well. Did you have lunch? I like a lunchbreak.

I would enjoy a hobby most pursued alone, although a like minded person I would fit in with, taking their needs into account, for the company, sometimes.

Yes I would agree, although I might not want to stay out with another person that long, especially if they were flagging but honestly, whatever they were like, unless I knew them really well. Did you have lunch? I like a lunchbreak.

I would enjoy a hobby most pursued alone, although a like minded person I would fit in with, taking their needs into account, for the company, sometimes.

It was fairly casual, at least by my standards, and we did do lunch somewhere... But then I'm known for 12 hour days on the road for photo trips with lots of different stops, as much as I can pack into a day, but this time of year it's short days with winter...

This particular friend is not in good health. I don't think you wore him out, I think he would have been worn out with any other person, or even alone.

And just for the record, it was still a good day out, just a couple hours shorter than what I would have liked...

I used to be like that. I think @Crossbreed is right - it's that childlike excitement and we want to keep going while others are done before we are.

Your post brings to mind the ability I have to go for twelve to fourteen hours straight without food doing something I'm completely focused on. Used to think that it was because I'm hyperactive. Now I realize there's something more to it than that.

In his case he is overweight and a heavy smoker

Throughout my life I have generally had strong stamina, and I often don't even recognize, doesn't everyone do that? :D

Looks to me like another case of an original poster answering their own initial question. Besides, everyone has a somewhat different metabolism. No telling who you may outlast, or who surpasses you.

When I was younger, I would play road hockey or soccer, for an hour or two, with friends. Then, they'd jade and depart. I'd stay and play. My mind couldn't leave the activity.

I wish I had that much energy. I'm jealous.

My bro-in-law has the same issue. He finds it difficult to find friends who can keep up with him. My sis has to remind him not to wear his friends out on hikes.

Looks to me like another case of an original poster answering their own initial question. Besides, everyone has a somewhat different metabolism. No telling who you may outlast, or who surpasses you.

More of a discussion than a question... ;)

Your post brings to mind the ability I have to go for twelve to fourteen hours straight without food doing something I'm completely focused on. Used to think that it was because I'm hyperactive. Now I realize there's something more to it than that.

I've been known to that, especially at events, why I often have a big breakfast on the morning of a major event, then carry snack items, so I don't have to wait in a long food lineup for too long (ie. cutting into photography time)

I knowhow you feel. I think I wear people out too. Golf is One the most fin alone things to do.

I knowhow you feel. I think I wear people out too. Golf is One the most fin alone things to do.

I will often (even usually) do trips like this on my own, I took a "chance" by inviting my friend, but it was hopefully to encourage him as well even if it cut my day slightly short

New Threads

Top Bottom