• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need to change my Nintendo account info

QueenOfFrance87

Let them eat tuna!
V.I.P Member
I am trying to change my Nintendo Switch account's email address, but the fact that it was my joint account with my ex is making it impossible for me. It's a Google account, and I am trying to change it to my own email address. But it has this stupid two-step verification address and everything(including the phone number) is in his name.

I have been struggling for months to change it, but no luck. I didn't ask for help because I thought I could do it on my own, but apparently not. I really don't want to create another account because I'd rather not shell out 20 more dollars for it's online service.

I am DESPERATE for any help because I am getting very impatient and angry with my ex husband for making me use this stupid joint email.

Is there any way I can bypass this without contacting my ex or spending money to make a new online account, because I am at the end of my rope.:mad:

You can't. Two step is there to stop people from doing this sort of thing. You're out of luck. Start a new one.

You can't. Two step is there to stop people from doing this sort of thing. You're out of luck. Start a new one.

Indeed.

It doesnt help that, even after all these years, Nintendo still doesnt "get" the internet, and all things related to online stuff. Any security measures they have in place will be just inherently screwy... even if there was a direct solution, chances are something weird would get in the way.

This is a lesson to learn though: No matter how close you may be to someone... never use a joint account for anything at all unless absolutely forced. Even WITHOUT relationship troubles, joint accounts can find ways to "break" entirely on their own.

I'm scared it will affect my save information, though, meaning that I will have to get all the Pokemon and Smash spirits all over again.

I'm scared it will affect my save information, though, meaning that I will have to get all the Pokemon and Smash spirits all over again.

It would affect your saved information. Good news though is that all these things are replaceable. It's worth it to save up for the $20 and then to start your new Nintendo Switched Life and re-do and possibly discover new things in the games you've played. Look for a part time job so that you can re-coup the $20+ to create that new Nintendo Switch account.

This kind of change is not fun, but I think long term, it's a positive change that has happened organically.

You will be that much more independent, can make new friends under your new Nintendo Switch Identity, if your current friends/acquaintances are real, they will add you under your new Switch account if applicable, and you will still be "just a divorced, single cat parent here, and will still be happy that way"!

It would affect your saved information. Good news though is that all these things are replaceable. It's worth it to save up for the $20 and then to start your new Nintendo Switched Life and re-do and possibly discover new things in the games you've played. Look for a part time job so that you can re-coup the $20+ to create that new Nintendo Switch account.

This kind of change is not fun, but I think long term, it's a positive change that has happened organically.

You will be that much more independent, can make new friends under your new Nintendo Switch Identity, if your current friends/acquaintances are real, they will add you under your new Switch account if applicable, and you will still be "just a divorced, single cat parent here, and will still be happy that way"!

You don't understand. It took me MONTHS to get everything in Pokemon Sword and Smash Ultimate, and I refuse to spend even more months getting everything again. I just think getting everything again will take forever.

You don't understand. It took me MONTHS to get everything in Pokemon Sword and Smash Ultimate, and I refuse to spend even more months getting everything again. I just think getting everything again will take forever.

Sure I understand! I like to play video games too. It is more than annoying that you'd have to re-build everything you spent time to put together if you want to be in a certain place again. There are possibly friends you made that you have to try to re-make /re-connect and try for new ones as well on there.

It's a big part of your life that's been uprooted by circumstances organically not under anyone's control. We can't change the past. So, we must focus on the present and the future.

You still have enough funds or a support system for food, shelter, and water though, right?

No. I only make $800 a month from SSI and that is barely enough to live on. I would make more from an Etsy account, but no one wants to buy my garbage.

I'm calm now, but still not happy.

I had to tediously move every Pokemon I have to Pokemon Home, and I have a lot. The only way to keep my save data is if I transferred it to another Switch, and I don't have the money for it now. I don't get why something that small cost as much as $350.

If I start over, it means I have to spend even more money on the DLC and expansion packs. I don't have the patience to waste $500 so I can get everything back. Forget that noise!

Yeah, not worth spending the $350-$500+ in your situation for all that.

Patience is a virtue.

If you could end up with a full time job w/ benefits, would you be willing to risk your SSI for a better life?

There are programs out there that try to hire people on the spectrum full time. You'd probably have to be willing to uproot your current life and want the change, but the possibilities are there. This would also allow you to afford a lifestyle of Pokemon transferring too.

New Threads

Top Bottom