• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need a friend (someone like-minded)

sabaka

Hello, I'm incredibly lonely and I need someone like me to talk to. Preferably from Europe (I'm from Slovakia). I'm 17, still in school. I absolutely hate it there, I hate the system and I don't get along with the people either. They are kind and friendly etc, but our minds are just too different. I have no official diagnosis, but I don't think it matters that much, the issue is still the same and I was hoping I could find someone like that here. I'm an introvert, sensitive but I don't show it, I often have strong negative emotions (melancholic) but I like to think optimistically and fantasize about big goals, it gives me hope, it's better than drowning in my irrational intrusive thoughts.. I like creative activities like writing and I can even hyperfocus on drawing from time to time, I have a love-hate relationship with drawing since it takes so much time and I have so little patience, why am I writing this anyway. But I do have patience with other things. I like problem solving, psychology, medicine, politics, I also like learning alphabets (not languages, just alphabets, but I speak a few foreign languages too: German, Swedish, learning Russian). Sorry this is very chaotic. I also like spending time in nature, being at home makes me feel like I'm locked in a cage and it's horrible. I hate winter. My personality type (according to those internet tests) is INTJ if that means anything to you. And I'm a girl, but not a "typical" one. I often live in my own imaginary world since it's better than reality in some aspects.
If you feel like we could get along, please message me. I don't care if we don't share that many interests. I'm looking for someone with a similar personality.

Hello and welcome! I can definitely relate to much of what you just wrote. I am 42 and from America, so quite different from you there, but this forum is full of interesting relationships that cross nationalities and generations. I think you will find understanding here. I think you can find camaraderie and also friendship. There are other teens here as well and just a whole bunch of nice people who will definitely understand some of the things you described. Welcome!

Welcome @sabaka I'm the same age as Rodafina and also in a different part of the world. But to second what Rodafina said, there are quite a few people in your age group here. But don't worry if you are younger than others here, you will find this forum very welcoming and we can very much relate to what you've described in your post.

I'm sure you will make lots of friends! @mysterionz draws a lot and is around your age, you should check out their art thread here Erika’s art thread

Why does school make us feel like outsiders from another country. I felt like you too. I felt free at age 25, from my parents, and loved my independence. I did enjoy college because you go and then leave, no stupid rules with bells, parents signing stuff, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's gets easier, don't despair.

One of my closest friends was an INTJ, very interesting guy could fix anything. He worked in a university physics lab
passed away a few Years ago.

welcome to af.png

Hello, I'm incredibly lonely and I need someone like me to talk to. Preferably from Europe (I'm from Slovakia). I'm 17, still in school. I absolutely hate it there, I hate the system and I don't get along with the people either. They are kind and friendly etc, but our minds are just too different. I have no official diagnosis, but I don't think it matters that much, the issue is still the same and I was hoping I could find someone like that here. I'm an introvert, sensitive but I don't show it, I often have strong negative emotions (melancholic) but I like to think optimistically and fantasize about big goals, it gives me hope, it's better than drowning in my irrational intrusive thoughts.. I like creative activities like writing and I can even hyperfocus on drawing from time to time, I have a love-hate relationship with drawing since it takes so much time and I have so little patience, why am I writing this anyway. But I do have patience with other things. I like problem solving, psychology, medicine, politics, I also like learning alphabets (not languages, just alphabets, but I speak a few foreign languages too: German, Swedish, learning Russian). Sorry this is very chaotic. I also like spending time in nature, being at home makes me feel like I'm locked in a cage and it's horrible. I hate winter. My personality type (according to those internet tests) is INTJ if that means anything to you. And I'm a girl, but not a "typical" one. I often live in my own imaginary world since it's better than reality in some aspects.
If you feel like we could get along, please message me. I don't care if we don't share that many interests. I'm looking for someone with a similar personality.
I'm a girl, INFP and I'm also 17!!! From Australia. You go perfectly with the lyric; "I can look at nature and feel good again!" (All My Friends Know - Pinkpantheress) I understand the fantasizing and introvertedness,, I'm glad we both have drawing and creativity in common. Of course we can be friends! <3 <:)

Why does school make us feel like outsiders from another country. I felt like you too. I felt free at age 25, from my parents, and loved my independence. I did enjoy college because you go and then leave, no stupid rules with bells, parents signing stuff, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's gets easier, don't despair.
I agree with you as a slightly older person now <3

Hello and welcome! I can definitely relate to much of what you just wrote. I am 42 and from America, so quite different from you there, but this forum is full of interesting relationships that cross nationalities and generations. I think you will find understanding here. I think you can find camaraderie and also friendship. There are other teens here as well and just a whole bunch of nice people who will definitely understand some of the things you described. Welcome!
Yuhh I'm one of the teens ^^!

I’m a lot like you, also female, but I’m 28 and live in America.
I would definitely be open to messaging if you would like, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom