• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love her but I'm not ready to marry her

fraidbold

My girlfriend has Aspergers and we've been together for 3 years, on and off relationship. When I am not with her, I feel like my world is not complete. But there is this fear that I may not be able to provide her whenever I commit to marrying her.

I'd say you have other more pressing concerns than just money. I mean, do you think you could ever commit to what you yourself refer to as an "off and on" relationship?

You haven't made it sound particularly promising for richer- or poorer.

Last edited:
My girlfriend has Aspergers and we've been together for 3 years, on and off relationship. When I am not with her, I feel like my world is not complete. But there is this fear that I may not be able to provide her whenever I commit to marrying her.

you don't need to marry someone to prove to them you love them. If you really would like to marry her be sure you're ready.

If you're not ready and sure, don't do it. Marriage is intended to be a life-long commitment with one person, for good or for the bad. You definitely don't sound ready for it, that's a fact. Also, 3 years is a very short time. Why the rush? Is she pushing you or are you pushing yourself because this is what is expected from you? It's one of the biggest decisions of your life and definitely should be decided with confidence that, yes, this is the person you will spend the rest of your life with. Your world is not complete without her, yet it's just on and off relationship? Better really think it through because you may end up really hurting both of you.

what do you mean on and off? if you are not ready and having doubts, then don't get married

I have the issues. I have problems to commit. she sees that in me right now. But I don't want to leave her alone. She even suggested that I should see a therapist to help me with my issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom