• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love hanging out with girls

Same here. I am not sure what it is for me, perhaps more familiarity with their communication. As a stereotypical male Aspie, I make no claims on knowing what women are thinking,...but, working with a 90+% female staff at the hospital for 30+ years, I do have a better sense of their communication than most males. In my experience, females are generally better at communication than males. That said, women are so good at it,...with other women,...that when dealing with me, who uses direct language,...they still want to "read between the lines". "So what you are saying is,..." No,...just what I said,...nothing more or less. It can often confuse many women when I use direct language,...which I used to find frustrating, but now find rather amusing at this point.

As far as asking women out,...I am long past that window. I don't know how anyone does it anymore. I am at the age where I play the role of the "supportive big brother or father" figure at work.

Me too. It's always been that way for me. I've wondered why that is, why I feel more comfortable around girls/women. I think part of the reason for me is that I don't have any brothers and my Dad was gone a lot when I was a kid. So I was always around girls/women.

No question, if I had to choose between sitting in with a group of women or a group of men, I'd pick sitting in with the group of women every time.

SO funny! I am exact opposite. I like hanging out with guys (grew up with boys) but I would seriously have to PAY a guy to go out on one little date! HA!

Me too. It's always been that way for me. I've wondered why that is, why I feel more comfortable around girls/women. I think part of the reason for me is that I don't have any brothers and my Dad was gone a lot when I was a kid. So I was always around girls/women.

No question, if I had to choose between sitting in with a group of women or a group of men, I'd pick sitting in with the group of women every time.
I agree, I simply feel more comfortable around women, even if just as friends, and I like getting affection from girls/women

New Threads

Top Bottom