• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I like drawing... A whole lot. [Violence Warning]

Loke

I figured I might as well share my obsession: Drawing.
Not just any kind of drawing, my focus within art is pretty narrow, as much as I know I should expand my horizon to improve as an artist. I, so to speak, "specialize" in drawing expressive cartoon characters, usually focusing on a select few characters for months at a time, and only drawing those characters over and over and over again.
I can't explain to you why, but it's what makes me happy.

Before you say anything, no, my art is by no means perfect, it's just a past time for me at the moment.

The most therapeutic thing to draw for me is people being hurt/in pain, or other negative emotions. It's a way for me to channel my depression and negativity into something interesting. It's very relaxing and satisfying.

So yeah, here's a little bit of my favorite stuff from the last month (From newest to oldest):

View media item 5404 View media item 5413View media item 5412
View media item 5407

These are really cool! I like the third one the most. It just sorta captures my emotion when I get some sort of needle. I also adore your art style. :)

I like the shapes of their faces as they are different from what I've seen before and interesing to look at. They are also very expressive.

Why does this make me afraid to read that book? ;)

The real fear will come when I break the news to a friend I already promised the gig. Although lately, I've been learning the risk/reward costs of trusting a friend of family member with something important.

If Loke is as versatile as he is talented, I could seriously see selling some copies of my work. I just hope he remains active on the forum. :)

There's actually two books. I've already published them in text format, but I want to keep the option for a graphic novel version in the event that I can raise the money. I'm also considering changing crowd sourcing platforms as GoFundMe is primarily used by people who are trying to raise money for life saving operations and I'm there asking "Plz give me moniez for a purty book cover".

I'll PM you the details if you like.

There's actually two books. I've already published them in text format, but I want to keep the option for a graphic novel version in the event that I can raise the money. I'm also considering changing crowd sourcing platforms as GoFundMe is primarily used by people who are trying to raise money for life saving operations and I'm there asking "Plz give me moniez for a purty book cover".

I'll PM you the details if you like.
Sure, fill me in.

Your artwork. Is.

AMAZING! 8D

I totally understand what you mean about becoming fixated on specific characters and wanting to draw them over and over again! I've been fixated on two of my OCs for the past couple of years. They've gotten me through some rough times.

I get too frustrated when trying to draw human characters. I have a much easier time with anthro characters, esp. MLP:FiM-style as well as the Hamtaro-style. (I don't like the shows anymore, but I do enjoy looking at other peoples' OCs as well as creating my own!)

New Threads

Top Bottom