• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just got a job this morning!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Nothing fancy, in a warehouse, a mere 14 months after I worked my last shift in January 2020, and four months into when I actually started applying at places (blame Covid and market uncertainty)

It seems to be a smaller company which I think I will enjoy, I didn't want to work for companies like Amazon, etc... (personal value reasons)

I won't be getting rich from it, but it's better than getting gov't money from Covid relief, and will help fill up my days better, although I will miss my daily photo walks, but even those were getting rather routine and feeling like a hamster wheel anyway, plus I'm nowhere even close to retirement so had to find work eventually

I just have to pass a drug test this afternoon, I don't do drugs, never have done drugs, so that should go fine, unless they test me for some Advil :D

Last edited:
Funny thing... Yesterday afternoon I was sitting inside at a friend's arthouse style coffee shop when I got the call for this morning... And the job will be rather industrial and the complete opposite of that... That's my world

Another success story here at the forum. I will miss your fantastic pics but who knows, you may take some cool photos of conveyer belt and packages all lined up with the shadows juxtaposed on the wall at exactly the time the sun light flows in or out putting our daily photos to shame. I do have faith that you will still spoil us here even though we don't give you enough accolades.

Another success story here at the forum. I will miss your fantastic pics but who knows, you may take some cool photos of conveyer belt and packages all lined up with the shadows juxtaposed on the wall at exactly the time the sun light flows in or out putting our daily photos to shame. I do have faith that you will still spoil us here even though we don't give you enough accolades.

:p You haven't heard the last from me, there are still weekends, prior to January 2020 I was out virtually every weekend taking photos, and at least for a short while I'll be on an afternoon shift (3 to 11) which can allow me to go for walks still in the daytime

I wouldn't take the camera to work, that's the quickest way to lose your job, but over the last 14 months I have a photo folder for virtually every day, that's a lot I know...

Well done, it sounds like a good result, bet they are glad to have had you apply.

Nothing fancy, in a warehouse, a mere 14 months after I worked my last shift in January 2020, and four months into when I actually started applying at places (blame Covid and market uncertainty)

It seems to be a smaller company which I think I will enjoy, I didn't want to work for companies like Amazon, etc... (personal value reasons)

I won't be getting rich from it, but it's better than getting gov't money from Covid relief, and will help fill up my days better, although I will miss my daily photo walks, but even those were getting rather routine and feeling like a hamster wheel anyway, plus I'm nowhere even close to retirement so had to find work eventually

I just have to pass a drug test this afternoon, I don't do drugs, never have done drugs, so that should go fine, unless they test me for some Advil :D
Best of luck in your new job.

I worked for amazon for a while, as a picker. Earplugs were a godsend, and they have them onsite. It wasn't bad work, though it's hard on the body. Don't cut corners if you can help it, since it'll be worse for your joints and muscles if you do.

Also, congratulations!

Congrats!

It may seem odd, but I enjoyed my time working in a warehouse. Time flies when you're busy and physically occupied, and as a plus you're getting paid to exercise! :)

Good for you! I always like to see people's success stories which can give some hope to those who need an uplift.

Congrats! From Thailand

Fantastic news :D well done.

New Threads

Top Bottom