• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Just Discovered That I'm A Tetris Grand Master, Now I Literally Can NOT STOP PLAYING TETRIS

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Wednesday, December 2nd, 9:00 PM. The freezing, icy air outside casts sparkling diamonds across the urban vegetation outside. A bored light worker sits upon a suede recliner next to his fickle-yet-fair father, Maddog, as his character on My Time At Portia toils away at a grindstone crafting raw materials. In the boy's hands, a smartphone, and on his screen, a familiar game featuring tetriminoes, puzzle pieces made of four blocks each that clear themselves by the line when properly lined up. This game is known as Tetris, and it is the world's most challenging video game. Millions of people across the world know it by word of mouth alone, thousands more have played it, hundreds more than that have trained themselves on its gameplay, and further than that, few more have either gained or naturally been born with the ability to master its gameplay in the time it takes to learn the basics of multiplication.

As of last night, I have discovered that I am one of those people. As fate would have it, it seems that I have been given a gift that few people possess...

A gift that few people can say they have. A blessing, if I may say so myself.

And who would have thought, by any stretch of any imagination, that such a gift would reveal itself to me through a simple puzzle game made to entertain people?

"But UberScout" you may ask, "you haven't practiced long enough to actually be considered a Grand Master! So how do you know you actually are one in such little time?" I have been practicing, every so often, little by little behind the scenes. On different emulators, consoles, and software, I have played dozens upon hundreds of variations, gamemodes, piece sets and speeds, mastered DAS and T-spins, and played long enough on an Android app to gain over 9000 points on some of the hardest speeds.

I believe I'm ready to take on tournaments, and maybe other Grand Masters themselves!

I'm so proud of myself that I made this discovery about myself! I'm always hearing people saying that people who can play Tetris like this are highly intelligent, and have amazing hand eye coordination! Perhaps it has something to do with being autistic? However it may be happening, I will cherish this gift, nourish it, and train it to be as strong as I am!

Is this on the new Tetris game? A friend of mine played it earlier this year and said there were new game modes and Vs modes and all sorts of bizarre features that sounded completely alien to the Tetris I knew. I'll admit, when I looked at it, it looked rather over the top and immature to me. Probably just because it seemed very loud with it's visuals and such like.

Tetris__Effect_20181112110232.0.jpg

Kristy said she was amazing at Tetris as a kid. She'd just sit on the final level and play it nonstop until she got bored. Sounded rather impressive that she'd end the game when she got tired of it, as opposed to the game ending because she lost.

I had one of these as a kid. I've been tempted to buy one again, although the price of them is going up and up.

maxresdefault.jpg

My brother had Columns on the Game Gear. What an incredible handheld device that was. It had very haunting music, and it was amazing having a hand held, colour screen console back when Gameboy still had that vile green, monotone screen.

Just looked up the song I used to love on Columns. Don't know how I put up with it now I'm listening to it as an adult. Some very piercing sounds in it, but still - it brings back memories:

Ed

I have no problems with the patterns but I never have enough speed. "All hail UberTetrisScout!":grinning:

I have no problems with the patterns but I never have enough speed. "All hail UberTetrisScout!":grinning:

LOL! Well i haven't let it get to my head yet and i don't plan to; i don't like to brag but i can't stop playing at 317-325 APM :p

Trying to negotiate getting Maddog to let me get Puyo Puyo Tetris on the playstation, put my skills to the REAL test; if I can reproduce my skills from the app I have on my phone there, then that means I really AM a grand master!

I used to kick butt in Tetris. Never found someone who could beat me. Although I'm pretty sure I'm just average or slightly above. Haven't played in forever though so I've probably lost the speed and accuracy.

I played Tetris for a while on Switch and Facebook, but it got boring. Maybe if it had cute and funny characters like Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble, or even Dr. Mario.

I absolutely love Tetris Effect:) I play it every afternoon, effect mode. It seems to have a super calming effect for me, I get super antsy in the afternoon and this helps.

New Threads

Top Bottom