• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have trouble keeping interest in things that "I'm good"

Hello Everyone.

Like the title say I have this problem, Yesterday I presented a Java application at Uni, my teacher said "I was expecting more of you because you are good" (I passed but it still knocks in my mind because scores are irrelevant to me) because I simply don't got any interest on the subject, I know that its a aspie trait, but how to at least get more interested on this? I mean I want to go deeper, but I got bored quickly.

I have objectives, but somewhere I lose the will in doing them, example I want to work at IT in Japan, I'm studying Japanese (by myself) and I feel that my progress is doing well, but I'm not always in the mood to study, sometimes I just spend time collecting material or randomly not paying attention to some topics, and to some I go even to "Classic Japanese reason" than actual studying it. Although I got enough material to I believe close fluency.

The same happens with programming, I have material here, but sometimes lack the will do it.

It happens with so much stuff, but I'm talking about the stuff that I want more and really feel bad of it.

Thanks for your kind replies and advice. I will not give up, but I need some will, how to grow it?

Perhaps you can give some of your assignments a twist to make them more fun.

For example, in my writing class we were supposed to do a bunch of straight description. I wrote a short science fiction scene. Not quite the assignment, but I got the requirements in.

New Threads

Top Bottom