• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Have No Talents

AuBurney Tuckerson

~GigglesTheAutisticHyena~
With the hobbies I do for fun, everyone's better at me. When I draw, they look like something a 2-year-old drew.
ZomboDroid 18062019201219.jpg
ZomboDroid 08102019200532.jpg

ZomboDroid 18062019191300.jpg

When I play the piano, I always mess up. And anyone can love animals better than I do. It's like everyone's better than me at everything I do. I have no special talent like everyone else has. They're all taken, and there's nothing left for me. Does anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just me who lacks talent?

Think you need to find what you are good or exel at. Thats why schools exist as a path to determine our skills and passion. Some people just keep doing something over and over until they become better at it. Fake it until you make it attitude. Also you are drawing true life , but this is a cartoon, that is a different style of drawing. So you can buy books on cartoon drawing or you can develop your skill with true life books. Think you have proportion down, which is hard for some people to do. Don't give up your passions no matter what!

You can't draw???? Excuse me, but your drawing is FANTASTIC. I cannot draw at all and yet, discovered, that I can do cross stitching and am very good at it. I know that sounds arrogant, but I do not see the point in saying I am not good or avarage, when clearly I am good lol. However, I do not point out my work.

Your talent is drawing, even if you do not see that.

If i could draw even 1 % as good as you can i would be happy. We all have our diffent talents so we really cant or should compare our self to others

Read about the difference between fixed and growth mindset. Maybe it will change the way you look at things a bit. Better yet, read Dweck's book about it.

You're looking at your own abilities in extremes - you're awful and others are amazing. It's a trap we seem to get into quite often. The fact is: there are those better at things than you, there are also those worse than you. If you keep drawing, you'll get better at it. If you keep playing the piano, at some point you'll stop messing up.

You don’t have to better than everyone else to be talented.

If you define talent only as being better at something than everyone else then practically everyone on earth has no talent at all except for being themselves.

That’s a hell of a lot better than I can do. I think the problem here is that you are comparing yourself to others and that never works out in the long run. Just be the best you - that you can be.

I am not getting it. The drawings are really good. At first I thought it's something like: column A: me, column B: they. But the drawings are good in both, just a style difference.

Although I get it. I often feel like that too. Hard to get a balanced view of how good I am but very easy to see that I am not anywhere near I want to be. This usually comes from seeing that one or two friends that just kick ass. When I think about my own progress and achievements I have this inner blank-stare any nuanced analysis is difficult. When I see those others with their undeniable results all I know is that I am not there and that's what matters most. I don't usually want to be better than "them" but rather be on their level. Play with big boys so to speak. And it never happens which is infuriating.
The ones that are worse than me get immediately classified as statistical outliers and therefore not even worth considering.
Its exhausting. I think it has to do with a diluted sense of self, which seems to come from inability to identify own feelings well enough.

Last edited:
I too have no particular talent, or even useful interest. I must say, though, that I agree with what others have said - if those drawings are yours, you are good at drawing. For most people, there's always going to be someone better to compare yourself to, and I understand that it's very hard not to do that, but just because there are people who are better than you at something does not mean that you aren't good at it. I would guess that the average person can't draw half as well as you can - I know I certainly can't.

Looking at your later post, I agree that those two drawings are absolutely of comparable quality.

Last edited:
These drawings are just TUFF Puppy characters in real life. The ones that look like dogs. Anyone recognize Keseick from T.U.F.F.? Though, i do feel proud of that. For Keswick, i only drew the teal life on the left side (o think that's left)
ZomboDroid 18062019201219.jpg

The other one is my OC for the cartoon. I created Chubster as a T.U.F.F. Puppy OC: tinyurl.com/TUFFPuppyChubbyBio I drew the real life AND cartoon version.
ZomboDroid 16102019214742.jpg

ZomboDroid 16102019214742.jpg
ZomboDroid 08102019200532.jpg
On the Chubster drawing, I was too lazy to do another drawing, so I used PicsArt to see what it'd look like if Chubby had their mouth closed. I Also went over the eyes with the app with a little red to show off the albinism.

Thanks, everyone. I did feel proud of myself when i finished the drawings, but I always tend to see something wrong like they're not good enough. I did these all on paper cause I do better on paper than on computer with fur textures.

Wow! I can't believe my thread got featured!

I think talents are a myth. Used to be called "gift from God", when all it was was finding something interesting, and probably not being prevented from pursuing that interest.

Great pictures, keep on drawing! Producing art work can feel exposing, you are offering your art work for us to see, and that seems to show your confidence is growing. Thanks for sharing your art work!

New Threads

Top Bottom